Accord V6 Forum banner

Finally got my new wheels!

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  cna 
#1 ·
So as a lot of you know, I have always loved the 08-10 18" EX-L V6 wheels and was shopping everywhere for a good set with like-new tires. Well, I finally picked up a pair off of Val (Jullia) yesterday and got them put on today! They are wrapped in brand new Conti ExtremeContact DWS 235/45R18 tires. I measured and each wheel is still at 10/32 - brand new is 11/32 :up2:

Pics of my '07 EX-L V6 17" wheels wrapped in brand new Michelin Primacy MXM4 215/50R17 tires:

Old VS. New

...and the new :)

See less See more
#7 ·
I agree! Right now I have it set at a 2 finger gap in front & 1 in back - I just want to have some space in the wheel wells so the snow can escape as I know what it's like to have snow trapped in the wells (used to drive on very low springs that wasn't height adjustable)

lol heck no - stock height is massive ;) I'm on Tein coilovers thanks to Mike!

#12 ·
Well I just got back from Dover, DE - was out there for the weekend visiting my sis (plus she's closer to NYC than me so less of a trip back "home" Thursday night). The Conti tires ride just as nice as the Michelin tires I have on the 9-spokes! :) Quiet, comfortable and nice grip. I didn't get to try them in any snow, though, as the roads in the mountains were cleaned. Bummer. Time will tell I guess.

Thanks! For the retro I went with the TSX w/ clear lens projectors, Mercedes E-55 shrouds and painted the interior bezel graphite pearl to match the car but left the orange reflector for more of that OEM look :up2:

P.S. I actually bought the car in Chicago!

now it really looks like mine hahaha
lol I don't think I've seen your car :( Any pics?

#15 ·
That's okay :( I got the pleasure of spending 2 hours in good ol' NYC traffic haha Hey, you don't live until you drive in NY! :up2: An experience of a lifetime for sure. Luckily I was able to sneak over and take the lower level of the G.W. bridge - no trucks allowed - which freed it up some. Then I had to deal with the IDIOTS on I-95 South :smh:

#18 ·
All I have to say is thank God for Tein making some top quality coils! 295 was a nightmare of pot holes, dips, curves, etc. going into the city! Any bad strut or low quality coil would've bottomed out, no doubt. haha

#21 ·
lol honestly I'm taking a breather for now - I have done a lot to her since buying her in August. My wallet needs break ;) Eventually I would love to get some Vossen wheels on her for summer but that's down the road

Lmao, Ben I can't agree with you more in regards to the quality of Tein. I have driven to the city slammed in my accord. Oh man i would hate it lol. Good times though lol
;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.