Accord V6 Forum banner

Grille Removal?

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Negociator 
#1 ·
I want to remove the grille on my 03 Accord Coupe just for a while to do some painting. Is there anyway I could do this without having to remove the whole front bumper?
I have searched multiple forums and even youtube and I cannot find anything to help me.

#7 ·
Nego, it is possible to remove the front grill on the 06-07 coupe without removing the entire bumper - I'm not absolutely sure if the 03-05 is the same - but for mine you remove the plastic black tabs with a flat head screwdriver that hold the engine/radiator cover on (the bottom ones attach to the top portion of the upper grill), then it is very difficult to fanangle your hands in there, but there are 3-4 more of those plastic tabs on the bottom of grill attaching it to the front bumper.

Believe me, it is SO much simpler just to remove the bumper - it's honestly two fender screws, 4 10mm bolts and two larger black plastic tabs on each side and 4 smaller black plastic tabs in the middle. Then if yours has never been removed before, next to the grill (towards the nose of the car) you'll see two metal tabs that need pryed up (to the sides of the high beams almost). Then starting at one side, pull the bumper off of and away from the headlamp. Do the same on the other side. Bada-bing bada-boom your bumpers off and your timer says 3m 29s (my fastest time so far) haha You get really fast at it after doing retros on these cars

Here's a video from Spec-D tuning - watch the first 2 minutes of it for a how-to on the bumper removal
How to Remove 7G Front Bumper - 0:00-2:25

#10 ·
The whole reason I want to remove the grille is so that I can plasti-dip around the Honda Logo. I would do it without removing, but I can't get good angles with it being attached to the car and it's freezing out. With it being as cold as it is I also don't wanna spend my time trying to rip the bumper off. I'll wait for the spring and its warmer weather.

Thanks to all who contributed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.