Accord V6 Forum banner

Polyurethane control arm bushings review

16K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  PeteRok333 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum here and would like to contribute back as I have received help by others here! I couldn't find any polyurethane control arm bushings from energy suspension or by prothane as replacements for the old worn stock bushings so I did some research and found Armstrong Polyurethane bushings for our 7th gens. The seller was on eBay and the part is called ADUS 548. They do ride stiffer and feel more firm than stock. I used to have mild wheel hop and cunking, but they are now gone. Haven't tried and launch the car yet but they do make the car feel more composed during mild turns as I have experienced. My application is a 2003 Accord coupe 6-6, but I believe they're all the same for the 7th gens. For anyone looking for replacements, these are excellent replacements if you dont mind the added stiffness!

I had a shop press the old pair out and these in for 30 bucks total. They supply you with white grease.

The metal center cylinder is removable, make sure it isn't on while pressed in so the poly bushings have space to compress!

See less See more
#8 ·
You pressed these into the bare control arm, without the metal collar of the old compliance bushing. The collar groove of the new poly bushings are snug with the control arm.

I just did a few hard turns and shifting just now and I do notice that the car is more upright while turning. As for shifting, man these bushings take quite a bit of the shock and cocking of a hard shift. It does feel more of gentle and forgiving ride when you lazy shift, sorta say.

#10 ·
Armstrong is the distributor. ADUS makes the poly bushings.

Let us know how long the lube lasted....before you have to pull those lower arms off and re-lube the poly bushings. I don't see a grease zerk on the lower control arms, so you are going to have to remove those arms, pull the bushings and relube.

Do the 7th gen Accord LCA's have grease zerks on them? Can grease zerks be added?

#13 ·
Hey guys I'm glad I can help! It's been a little over a month since I've installed these bad boys and I must say the ride has been consistently firmer than the stock bushings. I jacked up the car for an oil change this past weekend and can definitely tell the wheels have less play up and down and don't drop as low as before when hanging vs the stocks. Personally, I would say this is def a great mod/ replacement. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask, ill def help in any way I can

#26 ·
I just ordered these and i'm going to pop my LCA's off tomorrow an get my friend at the shop to pop the bushings in. Did anyone have problems getting the end links off?

also are the end links the same style as the ones in the rear? My end links in the rear were a pain in the butt and ended up just cutting them out. I'm wondering if these in the front are going to be just as bad..

thanks

#28 ·
just bought them! installing them this wed with my new koni yellows and eibach pro kit

Reactions: T1Invince
#29 ·
Sorry on the late response guys, I did actually have a problem with my end links too. They were so rusted that I had to replace them and break apart the old one. I noticed that if you have the car on jack stands and jack up on the lower control arm with a block of wood, it'll relieve pressure off the sway bar link so that taking off the nut with the Allen wrench and a 14mm would be cake.

#33 ·
:cool:I was looking for a review on these.. Because I'm so tired of changing my oem bushing plus its getting expensive, these will run me 125.00 shipped. Does anybody know of another place I can purchase these from? trying to save a few bucks

Either way if I never have to change them again in the near future it should pay off.:)

Thanks for the info V6P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.