Accord V6 Forum banner

any place to get hfp lips???

5K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  05accord6spd 
#1 ·
hey guys. i bought my 2nd 6-6 accord and i would really like to get the lips like i had on my first one. i called the dealer and they told me that honda has disconnected the lips but they only sell the front lip.

my question is this. is there any place where you can buy lips? something i don't know about or do i have to search in classified?

#6 ·
That's really weird.. I was just about to call them after I had priced it out to my cart when I saw you post this.. That's a MAJOR disappointment. Then why the H did they put it up on their website and functioning like that to work? I also saw 19inch HFP rims on there for $213.00. I might just have to call myself as well lol

#14 ·
Update: I just called a couple local dealerships. My dealership said "DISCONTINUED" and told me to hit up Google. What an idiot. I called another dealer, and the guy said there are still 42 available front lips in my color (black). He priced me at $326 plus 6% tax so like 350... I hate to spend that much, but these are going out and I might as well do it after 9 years with this car lol.. The most I've spent on a mod is $300 on my AEMV2. lol newb status

#19 ·
Apparently a lot of people do that... It's a look they like lol.. I'm trying to go only for front and sides. I've been looking through picture thread and there are a lot like that with only front and back. Maybe they're nervous for speed bumps???

And maybe I should pull the trigger on that front lip while that guy says they're available.

#24 ·
we will see. Last night I googled it and went to a bunch of sites and I emailed them all. LOL. one got back to me already and said "Unfortunately all of those are discontinued. That means no dealership or warehouse has any inventory and Honda is no longer manufacturing it". Which I know is a lie cause some have them.

#30 ·
http://www.v6performance.net/forums...07/228618-pahaf-ebay-7th-gen.html#post2280698

here are pictures of it installed.

you get what you pay for.

they came with one of the side skirts cracked already. they are made out of fiberglass. wavy.

so i sanded them all with 220 grit. put a nice thick coat of primer on them, sanded that down and painted.

fitment on rear was good.
front had gaps that were kind of bad but still ok-ish
but the side skirts were the worst. they are too short and dont reach the whole side lenght of the car. and they have no mounting points.

so i would only recomend this kit if you work at a body shop and have a couple days to play with them. otherwise it isnt worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.