Accord V6 Forum banner

Performance Tire Recommendations ?

6K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  CBUS-AV6MT 
#1 ·
This is just getting ridiculous now...grandma shifting into second & It's like I'm driving in the rain 24/7....it grips second then breaks traction again shortly after. 60-70% thread wear left on Potenza re11a which was super sticky in beginning. Lil over 10k miles and 3 oil changes now we here wtf lol
17x9 rpf1s/225/45/17

https://vimeo.com/110205322

#36 ·
Tire's don't perform to their fullest extent until they are at optimal heat range. When I refer to heat, I'm referring to tire temps. Also when a tire has been through so much heat cycles, they get hard, and the compound does not work as effectively. This is common for cars that experience dramatic temperature changes in the weather. Hot to cold, Sun to snow etc. They sell tire conditioners out there that can bring the life back to them.

get Hankook RS3. They are the fastest and best performing street tire on the market.

#37 ·
I have General GMAX AS03s and they have been great thus far (15-20K or so). The day after I got them there was a snowstorm and they worked really well, I was very impressed. Of course with the new FD and extra torque multiplication, traction is not easy to come by but they have been good to me thus far.

#39 ·
I just ordered the nitto motivo 235/40/18. I'll post up a review when the weather breaks. But these will b going on along with a new wheel/suspension setup. So more factors will b at play other than just the tires

#40 ·
Just got the Nitto NT05 installed on all 4. It was raining yesterday and still is today. At this point i have no opinions on them. The best thing is I was having issues with the car pulling to the left and it doesnt anymore (old tire issues).

I did go to a 235/40/18 and the car is rubbing on corners and a tiny bit on bumps. I am going to see if i can cut some fender out before i have to lift the car up a bit. Love the stance i have right now.

On a different car my buddy just put Nitto NT01 on his supra, making 635 whp, and he is impressed! I havent went yet, but he says when they are warm he can hard launch, its an auto, with minor spin. Best 600 bucks he has ever spent.

#46 ·
the nitto motivos i posted about above are on, 18x8 aspec wheel tire size is 235/40. paired w tein h tech and koni yellow on standard perches. the tires feel great, cornering is confident, haven't found the limit yet. they boast a 60k mileage rating, in an ultra high performance all season Z rated tire, so we will see how that holds up. i love the tein/koni combo, im very picky about suspension comfort and this setup is prob 35% stiffer than stock, still very comfortable.

im getting a little rubbing in the rear, like barely. i saw it when i jacked up the rear wheel into the wheel well. i guess im surprised given the mild drop of the tein h tech. anyone rolled fenders? the jury seems to be split between "its easy you can do it" and "dont try it if you haven't done it".

Reactions: nismoasfuh
#47 ·
It is worth mentioning your're running these on a 235 setup, although I am sure they're great tires even in 205 on corners. Can you slip when you launch?

And for the sake of it, Ziex 612 is not a prime option no matter what the guys at discount tire tell you. My contribution of not performance tires.

#48 ·
Almost 40k miles on the Eagle Sport A/S tires, might actually get close to the advertised 50k miles. Still very quiet, decent traction and no issues in the rain. Honestly, for the miles on them, that's pretty impressive, especially the wet traction.

#49 ·
On wet roads I still spin at wot from a roll in first. Same conditions on dry roads they hook well very little slip. Truthfully I try to launch my car as little as possible...think it may b time for a clutch soon:banghead: but I'm sure it would spin them if I wasn't careful on the launch.

#50 ·
I run my Star Specs in 20 degree temps without any issue and push car hard.

I would go with a 200 tread wear tire. My preferences are Dunlop Star Spec 2, Hankook RS-3v2, BFGOODRICH Rival, or Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R.

These are the tires I am eyeing for my next set of 200 treadwear tires for track, autocross, and street driving.

If you like the old potenza re11, the new re-71r should be much better.

#51 ·
If anyone cares, I got 43,000 miles out of the Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S I had on the front-hadn't rotated the tires in probably 25k miles, just kind of forgot but the back tires (now up front, new pair in back) might make it to 50k.

Almost 44,000 miles on them:

#52 ·
I have about 1k on my 245-45 Mickey Thompson Street Comps and love them. They are hooking (as best they can, over any other tire) have a higher tread wear, are very quite, and respond on a dime. Love these tires. For just over $100 pc, I don't think you can go wrong. The only issue would be fitment if your as low as I ride. Rolled/pulled my fenders some more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.