Accord V6 Forum banner

Problems! Need help! 04 v6-6

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  hometheaterman 
#1 ·
Ive brought my car to 5 different mechanics to see if they can figure out my problem but none can give me a straight answer, only guesses. So before I start replacing things, I just want to hear from your opinion on what could be wrong.

First problem. Ive done compression tests and every cylinder but 6 was at 190-210 psi and cylinder 6 was at 120psi. It makes a misfire noise from the exhaust so I came to the conclusion of it being a bent valve. My cel is on every now and then and every time I check it, it has a random misfire and all cylinder misfire (p0300-p0306) all together. Now I asked a mechanic just to verify if it was a bent valve, he said from just listening to it, it doesn't sound like a bent valve so now im confuse.

The second problem that I cant seem to figure is that everytime when im around 38-42 mph and 58-62 mph, as I step on the gas in from between those mph, the car shakes very badly. I.e. as im going 60 mph and I step on the gas, it shakes but as soon as I let go of the gas, the shaking stops. At first I thought it was a bad or bent rim, but it doesn't make sense that it only shakes as I step on the gas. If the rim was bent, it should be shaking the entire time even when I let go of the gas.

The third problem is everytime as I slow down in a gear, and the rpm hits 2.5k, it vibrates my precats heat shield. Ive removed the front heat shield but the rear one is a little bit more difficult to get to so I just left it. Im not sure if its just because the heat shield is rusted and hanging on by just one or two bolt that would cause it to vibrate so loud or if something was wrong to make my engine vibrate at 2.5k rpm.

Any opinion and suggestion would greatly help.

See less See more
#5 ·
Run a leak down test, the valve me not be bent , but the valve seat or valve may be chipped. Also re-run the compression test on 6 adding a drinking straw of oil to the cylinder, if the compression goes up at all then it is bad rings/piston, not valve.

On you second issue look at your CV shafts, a bad inner joint will give you the shaking you are describing.

#6 ·
Ill have to do the compression test again then. Now do I just grab a straw and put oil in the cylinder from where the spark plug would be?

You could be right about the inner shaft too. The first time I took it in to get it check, one of the mechanic shook the driver inner cv axle and he told me it felt kind of loose, but there were no leak of grease so he told me it would be ok and so I took his word for it. If anything, would replacing the cv axle itself fix the problem, or is there a way to fix it?

#7 ·
i had a similar vibration issue! turned out to be worn axles and cv joints. swapping those got rid of any wobbles I had. (I picked up some used ones of a guy on CL for like 70$)

sometimes it doesnt have to be spewing out the grease to be worn. my old ones had so much play it caused a vibration. the ones i swapped in were nice and tight.

as far as the CEL not sure D:

#10 ·
CV axles would be my guess too. I've seen this problem numerous times. I'd go with OEM axles if replacing them though. Most of the cheap parts store axles not only will still vibrate, but they don't last very long either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.