Accord V6 Forum banner

UR needs our help to produce a Pulley set

4K views 65 replies 24 participants last post by  AV6on19s 
#1 ·
I just recieved this from UR. I would use my car but I am in SoCal.

Hi James,
As of now we do not have the pulleys for the 2003 V6 Accord. Honda
supposedly changed the belt setup to a single belt. We are still waiting to
get samples in, if you know anyone or you can send yours in it would be
greatly appreciated. And of course we would work something out with you on
the Unorthodox Pulleys.
Thank you for you interest.
If you have any other further question, please feel free to give me a call.

Brian Cha
Unorthodox Racing
11 Brandywine Dr.
Deer Park, NY 11729
631-586-9525 X-17

Please contact Brain ASAP and see if he can use your car.

See less See more
#2 ·
We used to work closely with UR on the 6th gens. Then they went shady with the supercharger pulley :(

#11 ·
I was going to be doing the test car, but backed out a few months ago and posted this.

You will need to be available three times for a few hours each.

First, you'll drive up, they'll dyno your car (free dyno rocks!) and take measurements.

A few weeks later, you'll drive up and have the new pulleys installed.

After driving for a week or so, you'll go back a third time for another dyno.

I backed out because I don't want to underdrive my alternator or really screw with too much at all now that I'm sinking my money into a wedding/honeymoon instead of my car. Don't want to mess with the warranty, so I'll probably just lower it and get wheels at some point.

#12 ·
sami said:
I was going to be doing the test car, but backed out a few months ago and posted this.

You will need to be available three times for a few hours each.

First, you'll drive up, they'll dyno your car (free dyno rocks!) and take measurements.

A few weeks later, you'll drive up and have the new pulleys installed.

After driving for a week or so, you'll go back a third time for another dyno.

I backed out because I don't want to underdrive my alternator or really screw with too much at all now that I'm sinking my money into a wedding/honeymoon instead of my car. Don't want to mess with the warranty, so I'll probably just lower it and get wheels at some point.
They realy do not underdrive the alternator those drives stay the same. They underdrive the Main and 75% of the gains come from lighter pullies not underdrivivg.

#13 ·
03 Aero Coupe said:
They realy do not underdrive the alternator those drives stay the same. They underdrive the Main and 75% of the gains come from lighter pullies not underdrivivg.
I meant to say crank.

And yes, they claim 80% of the gains come from lighter weight. I would be much more interested in lighter pulleys that are the same size.

Just knowing that I'll probably keep my car for alot longer than I anticipated, I don't want to screw with anything too major. Of course, replacing pulleys is low-risk, but any engine problem and they'll point right to them.

#19 ·
x03BlackAccV6x said:
I don't know if I'll be able to find time from work and school to drop my car off. If I do it will be a pretty unconvienent. Sorry guys, let's get going New Yorkers, bring your cars in already so we can have some new parts!!
Im on my way, just need to get some time away from work. Anyone wanna run my business for me? :D

--don

#23 ·
Doom said:
Shall I move this to the NY section or leave it here? Which gets more interest?

What happened to that UR pulley for the S/C, Tom?
This post, going back some time, saw little traffic in the NY section. You may want to leave it here so someone gets out there, plus I think all 7th gen owners are interested in how this works out.

#25 ·
this is an ok mod, but the only thing that concerns me is engine durablity, and accessory functionality, after installation. I heard stories from some people that the AC doesn't blow as hard etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.