Accord V6 Forum banner

F/S Brazillian Rainbow Boa & 60 gallon tank!

584 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  CLpower 
#1 ·
I've got everything you need. This is a 2 1/2 year old beautiful femail Brazillian Rainbow Boas, she is one of the most beautifull examples around, the father was a 50% het, so you may land a find. Also her siblings have been known to produce white eyed babies which is really rare. She hasn't breeded but would have some AWESOME offsprings for someone looking to make some good money.

I'm willing to sell EVERYTHING for 250$. You'd have a hard time finding a newborn at this price let alone an adult female, plus you get cage, light, waterbowls, extra soil.

just look at the iridescent in the snake!

She currently is eating 3 full grown mice every 5 days and she's an animal. She's a tame snake and has only bit me 2x's. However she hasn't been handled much in the last 6 months, hence why i'm getting rid of her, she would love to be handled. I'd prefer to give her to someone who would breed her as she's a prestine example. I waited a long time to purchase a BRB and the minute I saw her and her parents I was set on this one. And i'm real picky when it comes to my reptiles.

I'd really prefer So Cal pickup. Or will ship just the snake for 200$

See less See more
#2 ·
I see we have another snake lover in here.

1. That animal is nice, but small for a 2 1/2 year old female. Your not going to be breeding that female to anything.
2. She's heterozygous for what? Possible het? Definate het? And what type of gene?
3. What gene produces an animal with white eyes? There is no such thing in the world of Brazilian Rainbow Boas considering the only morphs available are Anerytheristic and Calico from Bob Clark, and another Anerytheristic strain from No Cal based store by the UCB. Considering both strains go for more than $3500/pair for definate simple recessive hets, i'm wondering what het. you have?
4. If you want to sell the animal, consider posting her on kingsnake.com, that always yields more traffic.
5. What breeder did you buy the animal from. If he sold you a "het." for $250/ you can sue the pants off him considering it's het. for nothing. If you need some help, i've been in this business for 13-years, let me know.

Victor

#3 · (Edited)
The breeder was a friend of a breeder I know well. About half of his recent batch had white eyes. We are not sure if they will keep them forever though. She is a possible HET, not sure what kind. I'll put a phone call in and find out :)

BRB's rarely get over 4.5-5 feet that I know of. That picture is probably a year old. She is just a tad under 48" right now.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I didn't think it was too smart to be feeding a snake while it's in his cage. I always thought you put them like in the bathtub or something like that.

#6 ·
ICEYACCORD said:
I didn't think it was too smart to be feeding a snake while it's in his cage. I always thought you put them like in the bathtub or something like that.

everybody has their own way of doing things. I've been feeding them in cages my whole life. People say not to because everytime you open the cage the snake will think it's getting a feeding. Personally, i've never had a problem doing it my way. The only times i've ever been bitten by my personal snakes were if they hadn't been fed in a long time or I did something stupid to startle them. I've been feeding this way for years and have had no problems :)

#7 ·
everybody has their own way of doing things. I've been feeding them in cages my whole life. People say not to because everytime you open the cage the snake will think it's getting a feeding. Personally, i've never had a problem doing it my way. The only times i've ever been bitten by my personal snakes were if they hadn't been fed in a long time or I did something stupid to startle them. I've been feeding this way for years and have had no problems :)
100% Correct.

Depends on the species, temprement, and many other factors, the #1 reason why people are bit is because their hands smell like a mouse or rat. :rolleyes:

#10 ·
cbrsorlo said:
feed that cat to the snake .... hehehe j/k

they have a strange relationship, the cat lets the snake crawl ALL over him and just loves it. It's real odd. He does the same thing w/ my chameleon

#12 ·
If you are serious bro and can come up w/ a decent offer she's yours. 3 mice cost around 3-4 bucks. Feed her once a week :)

#16 ·
borinka99 said:
What's the life expectancy of this snake?

well she is about 2 1/2 years old. She probably has another 3-4 in her maybe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.