What headlights should I put on my car?

• OEM's that are blackhoused

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • TYC Black Projectors

Votes: 2 50.0%

Headlight Dilemma

759 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Entcee 
#1 ·
I have this dilemma, I live in NC and everytime I get my car inspected my eyelids fail because you cannot have anything that covers the headlights. I have gone to multiple places and they all would fail me.

What I have been doing is changing my headlights with some aftermarket beat-up headlights just to pass, then put mine back on, but I am getting tired of doing that so I am either going to get a new set of OEM's and blackhouse them and leave in the corner amber reflector (like in my sig - just no eyelid) or I could buy TYC black projectors.

What do you all think I should do?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Damn, that's retarded. Eyebrows don't even affect the beam pattern.

Either way, with the TYCs or the blackhousing, you'd have a nice set of headlights. So I guess it depends on whether or not you have HIDs. If you already have 9006 HIDs just keep the blackhousings.

Oh yeah, you got any more pics of your rims?!

#4 ·
Damn, that's retarded. Eyebrows don't even affect the beam pattern.

Either way, with the TYCs or the blackhousing, you'd have a nice set of headlights. So I guess it depends on whether or not you have HIDs. If you already have 9006 HIDs just keep the blackhousings.

Oh yeah, you got any more pics of your rims?!
Yeah, one shop even said it was pretty dumb because they tested the beam pattern and it did not effect it, but it is the way the law is written. It says nothing can be on the front of the headlights or taillights :(

I do not have HIDs.

Here are some pics of my rims (same pic as used in my sig.)

#5 ·
you could just pay for inspection at a local garage, thats what i do. it was a place my step dad used to work at, so they are good to me, but you should still be able to find a place. i never never taken my car to the DMV.

#10 ·
Not sure because I do not know what they look like, but at one shop there was a guy who had a Ram pickup that had the ram shape cutout tailight covers and he had to remove them, and they came from the factory.

Funny thing is one shop called the DMV to double check since they agreed that my eyelids did not change the beam pattern, and they also questioned the UV LEDs that I had installed in the parking light area. The DMV said the UV LEDs could stay but the eyelids had to go
:gotme:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.