Accord V6 Forum banner

spray foam expanding one

765 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ADDICTED2ICELED 
#1 ·
if i decide to use the spray foam, the ones you get at home depot or other hardware stores, is it possible to take it off after putting it on? what color is it after it expands?

#3 ·
I was kinda thinking about that just today.... my back board is creating some wierd vibrating noise and its so annoying. I was thinking of spraying in between the back board and the metal frame to make it solid. I dont think this thing is hard to remove at all since its just an orginary styrofoam when it dries.

Try spraying is on a metal surface and it can be remove pretty easy... I just dont know in rough surface, it may leave some residue.

#5 ·
well you cant really say that there is such a regular styropoam. Foam for 24" TV is harder than the foam you see on a printer or the foam we had in our car's bumper.

There has been a construction here in our office and they use that to fill in something, I was able to grab one that's hanging out a bit and feel it. Its not that hard that you think it is. Actually its softer.

#7 ·
It doesnt stick well on metal or any smooth surface though. As I said, it differs on where you apply it. I tested it today we had some left-over (half can) at the office. It dries up pretty quick.

#9 ·
Ya the same thing i was thinking and I use that pretty often, its very hard to get off and rock solid when dry. If you just want to make your creaking stop why not just use a silicon caulking that way it will expand with the temp change

#10 ·
I just bought the foam spray at Wal-mart. I bought the bright-white foam coz they have this different brand which is a bit yellowish. I spray some on my back-board coz it rattles a bit and also to my truck were the ribs at.

I agree they are pretty sticky coz I got some on my hands. :D I'll try to fill all those blank spaces on the interior of the car to make the sound a little more solid.

A bit happy now that the annoying sound on my back board is gone. My car is color white and it matches perfectly with the color of the foam. :D

On the back sit where the cup hold is, that panel is sooo empty. I would like to make that thing a bit solid to minimize vibration in the interior. That whole blank space alone would cost me the whole can to fill it up.

#12 ·
Touch N Foam. the color is bright white. There are some other brands but the color is like yellowish. Good thing my car was white so you'll barely notice it that it was foam.

It will expand but not to the point to snap the clip from the panel. I did some on my back board, the ribbing on my trunk lid, and to some places where there is spaces which causes vibrations.

I'll be buying 1 more can today.

Is it easy to take out the ceiling? I hear virbration when my sunroof is open.

#13 ·
I bought great stuff expanding foam yesterday. It works quite well, and does not get completely solid. it say soft. I overstuffed everything, and then just squashed it all in or cut it off when it was dry after it all leaked out. used it for the trunk and the spoiler, to fill in where second skin can't reach. bass hits harder already in the car too! I'm very impressed!!!

but yeah, the **** that spilled won't come off my hands!!! i even used paint thinner, and it won't get it off.... any suggestions???

#15 ·
When it got to your hands dont try to take it off, just let it dry. Its so easy when its dry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.