Accord V6 Forum banner

will tein uneven drop effect weight dist.?

756 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  rpgonzalez 
#1 ·
you would think that dropping the front more than the back would cause the weight distribution to change. Being that the accord is already nose heavy, wont dropping more in the front make the problem worse?

Any auto crossers out there... how has an uneven drop affected you at the track? I would assume braking into the corner is a bigger problem in this case!

#2 ·
i would imagine you could counteract any uneven weight distribution with sway bars. im sure lowering the front more than the rear will have some effect on handling, but not much. a thicker rear sway would just counteract this difference.

#3 ·
Adding a thicker sway bar will reduce understeer and increase oversteer, but will not effect weight distribution or the problem of nose dive going into a turn. But I think your saying that lowering the car in the front will induce understeer, and a swaybar will compensate for this by returning oversteer. Im not so sure this is true. All I know is that in the RC car world, lowering the front of the vehicle causes oversteer (i think)

Aside from this, I wonder what other problems besides the whole over/under steer. Or is this THE issue? If a car has 80% front and 20% back, is the ONLY problems understeer and over steer, or are there probklems with nosediving?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.