Accord V6 Forum banner

Dyno Tuned my car (Dyno Sheet inside)

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Plumaccordcoupe 
#1 ·
Well I finally got around to tuning my V-AFC today. It was dynoed on a DynoDynamics 450 Twin Retarder Single Axle Dynamometer. From what I've heard and read on the net, the numbers from significantly lower than DynoJet numbers (around 13%-20% lower, from what I've read). I peaked @ 167.2 but I gained alot between 3000-4000 RPM. I think if I dynoed on a DynoJet, I would be close to 200whp. I want to get rid of that dip between 4200-4600 RPM. We tried leaning it out more but it didn't do much. Maybe I can tweak it myself, but I don't really want to b/c I can't test it.

Conditions:
V-TEC crossover: 4000RPM. We set it @ 4200RPM and we lost power
Temperature: First 1/2 hour to 45min the temperature was 25.6C ( 78.1F ) and by 1 hour till the end it was 29.5 C ( 84.2F )
# of runs 42 (half of them were bad runs b/c the tuner wasn't used to the auto tranny). I think that might be causing a lower output b/c we were doing pulls non-stop for @ least 1.5 hours so the engine was really hot.

Here's the dyno sheet:

Here's the baseline A/F rato:

Here's the tuned A/F ratio:

See less See more
#3 ·
I had a few runs that pulled 169whp and 170whp (peak), but I gained nowhere as much low-mid as the final one. So I decided to stay with this one, since it's in my driving power band.

A few more things:
A 5th gen Prelude dynoed 161whp. He had full bolt-ons + cam gears and camshafts and V-AFC. 161whp was after tuning his cam gears and V-AFC.

Stock SRT-4 dynoed @ 201whp.

So I think the numbers this dyno is outputting is very low compared to DynoJet.

#5 ·
ctsport said:
BlackV62K2 what time did you dyno at? Did you dyno with the traction control off?
I was there around 1:45pm. But I didnt get on until 4pm. Some Prelude was taking forever tuning his cam gears and V-AFC. Then an SRT-4 went. Yeah, I had to turn off my traction control b/c it was slipping. I heard you were having problems with your car.....something about ur car not wanting to go b/c your rear tires aren't moving. That's what the they said :confused:. That sucks man. It was fun though. Although I was really late for work LOL, like 3 hours. I was scheduled to go on the dyno @ 2pm.

#6 · (Edited)
There's no way it's the adjusted to DynoJet settings. I've seen a few members with the same amount of mods as me or maybe even less pull around 185whp on a DynoJet. I'm pretty sure I'll pull a higher number on a DynoJet. Plus alot of 4th and 5th gen Prelude guys were getting 140-150whp range. I think they had the basic bolt-ons.

#9 ·
driven said:
so did you really feel the gains with the cls cams? Im still trying to assess if this mod is worth the cash for me -Jai
I think the CL-S cams has a big play in why I gained so much from 3000-4000 RPM. So I think it's worth it if you TUNE it. I had my CL-S cams for a long time and before I really didn't notice the difference.

Anyone know the real % difference from a DynoDynamics and DynoJet? The ones that I found varies from different people.

Also, any techies know how I can get rid of that power dip?

#10 ·
#12 ·
BlackV62K2 said:
Hmmm, I was thinking about leaning it out a little more. Think that'll bump it back up?
Probably not, especially if you already leaned it out a bit. I think a Unichip type of mod would fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.