Accord V6 Forum banner

Baseline dyno tomorrow, test air/fuel ratio?

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  JoeySmallz 
#1 ·
Should I spring the extra 25 bucks to get the air/fuel ratio measured as well?

When I get home, I will reset the computer and put on my V2. Then I drive it around for a week and go back.

I believe that just throwing on an intake without driving it around for a tankfull of gas or so, won't allow the computer to recalibrate itself properly, so I will be taking it back a week later for more runs.

Runs will by on a Dynojet and SAE corrected graphs, rpm vs HP & Tq.

04 V6 6sp, 4300 miles, Amoco Premium fuel only and always. Bone stock except shocks (FP) and Comptech rear sway.

Jason

#2 ·
:D :up:

Would you also then (after the 2nd dyno with the V2), kindly switch to regular 87oct fuel and run another dyno? I guess you'll have to empty your tank first tho.
Then you shouldn't need to wait too long ... just drive the car around hard to kick down the timing.

Pleeeaaase .... :winkgrin: :bunny:

#3 ·
I'm back. How do I post pics? I also video taped it and put it in an mpg. Have hard copy printouts right now but should receive emailed files on Monday.

All runs SAE

216.2 @ 6300
194.7 @ 5200

2nd run was about 1hp and 1lbft less
3rd run we pulled fuse 7 for a couple minutes to see if it would reset the ecu. You could see the curve was going to follow a lower path, then at 3500, the graph jumps up to match the others. Heat soak I guess resulted in a third run of

211.5 and 191.2

V2 is now installed, didn't drive it yet though.

Converted to STD the first run = 221.3 & 199.2

J

#10 ·
wow, so somebody finally matched the VTEC.net 217hp/195tq stock dyno. nice. :up2:

#11 ·
What kind of dyno was that on?

Btw, check out the dip where your vtec engagement is set at...you might need to push it back a little ;)

#12 · (Edited)
VTEC-v6! said:
What kind of dyno was that on?

Btw, check out the dip where your vtec engagement is set at...you might need to push it back a little ;)
Dynojet 224. I thought that dip (4000rpm) was where the intake manifold switches over and VTEC engagement occurs at 4900rpm (see second little hump around this point). When measured in STD (instead of SAE) it was 233HP :eek:

"Hello, 350Z?" "I got yer number from a friend and was wondering if you can come out and play?"

J

#15 ·
Nice numbers Jinx32. :up:

VTEC-v6! said:
There's very little dip where vtec engages, from my point of view. However, there is definately a dip where the dual stage intake switches over. Is that what you mean??

#21 ·
How does the v2 sound? Especially the loudness..

Jinx32 said:
I'm back. How do I post pics? I also video taped it and put it in an mpg. Have hard copy printouts right now but should receive emailed files on Monday.

All runs SAE

216.2 @ 6300
194.7 @ 5200

2nd run was about 1hp and 1lbft less
3rd run we pulled fuse 7 for a couple minutes to see if it would reset the ecu. You could see the curve was going to follow a lower path, then at 3500, the graph jumps up to match the others. Heat soak I guess resulted in a third run of

211.5 and 191.2

V2 is now installed, didn't drive it yet though.

Converted to STD the first run = 221.3 & 199.2

J

#22 ·
herzzreh said:
How does the v2 sound? Especially the loudness..

Like I mentioned above, I have a full video of both run 1 (best stock) and 4 (best AEMV2). It's 3 megs but will require the VP40 codec. I have the codec and mpeg zipped into a 4 meg file. Just need someone to post it. I can email it to anyone that can receive a 4 meg file as well.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.