Accord V6 Forum banner

Comptech response to my IM

4K views 57 replies 30 participants last post by  2gunns 
#1 ·
I was on another forum and found out that they have a representative over there and decided to ask if there will be anything out for us.

04accordV6 (9:59 PM 8/5/2004): Are there any new plans for parts for 2003-2004 Honda Accord V6? I know that there is springs and rear sway bar already. Hoping for some performance parts such as J-pipe or maybe a supercharger. Visit http://www.v6p.net and you'll see that there's alot of 7th gen accord v6 that are interested in comptech parts.

Nate@Comptech (1:01 PM 8/6/2004): We're currently designing and testing J-pipe configurations and will most likely have a supercharger kit out later on this year. When I have info on either of those parts I'll post it here as well as on V6P.net.
-Nate

Confirmation guys, what have the rest of your phonecalls and response been? What timeline have they given to you?

#9 ·
At least the answer is not a simple NO! :)

abram2001 said:
hmmm I wonder if I should post what REAL behind the scenes talking that went on between me and Shad at comptech when we met up at sema a few months ago. ;)
:ssh:

#10 ·
abram2001 said:
hmmm I wonder if I should post what REAL behind the scenes talking that went on between me and Shad at comptech when we met up at sema a few months ago. ;)

yes yes! spill the beans!

#19 · (Edited)
test

There is a supercharger kit for the 2004 acura TL made by comptech. I believe there will be one for our cars as well. THe kit i saw was in the latest import tuner mag forgot which one. It showed the kit installed on a 2004 TL. It only claims to at 65-80 HP. I think for our accord would be the same as well. I dont see myself putting 5k into a supercharger for only 70HP . I could use that money to put down on a 2007 GTR twin turbo when that comes out ahhahaha
when will comptech learn.

#20 ·
2fast4u99 said:
test

There is a supercharger kit for the 2004 acura TL made by comptech. I believe there will be one for our cars as well. THe kit i saw was in the latest import tuner mag forgot which one. It showed the kit installed on a 2004 TL. It only claims to at 65-80 HP. I think for our accord would be the same as well. I dont see myself putting 5k into a supercharger for only 70HP . I could use that money to put down on a 2007 GTR twin turbo when that comes out ahhahaha

I sure hope that when comptech makes a supercharger for the 7th gen Accord, it will push the car into 300HP territory. That would be nice but it will be a wait..

#24 ·
abram2001 said:
I thought his name was Chad.....
I know their working on the TSX for sure they are having major problems with the tuning since the car is drive by wire and they dont know they really going to do with it from what i understand from the last time i went there.

#25 ·
2fast4u99 said:
test

First off: There is no S/C for the 2004 TL yet.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/acura04TL.html

Secondly: S/C's are about torque not horsepower. And for just a S/C that is a good HP gain IMO.

And last of all: If you can afford what will probably be a $70,000+ car if/when it comes out then why do you own an Accord? :goofy: (no offence to us Accord owners :) )

VTEC-v6! said:
j30a4

i get sick of typing j30 :D
Lazy :laugh:

You can't abbreviate our engine name like that :p .

#26 ·
Plumaccordcoupe said:
Secondly: S/C's are about torque not horsepower. And for just a S/C that is a good HP gain IMO.
Your setting yourself up to get owned with statements like that plumgoove...back down son. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.