Accord V6 Forum banner

Comptech Cat-Back Exhaust released

6K views 57 replies 37 participants last post by  orange5814 
#1 · (Edited)
Just found this on Comptech's webiste...all I can say is it's about time they bended some pipes together and made something for us. Click the link for pics but don't look at the price it might scare you....

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product135.html

#28 ·
KnightRyder said:
a bunch of you 7th geners should mass email them asking for an axel back (cheaper) system if you're not all happy with the price of the cat back.

gotta admit it looks pretty nice though.
our exhaust is one piece...or two..but the right muffler is one piece to the cat...so there is no option for an axle back.

#31 ·
At least COMPTECH is doing something for our cars.

They should of released the freaken J-PIPE first.

#33 ·
dreamer said:
so do suckers who spend $1000 for headers which they could easily get for $250 and basically get the same results :)

same goes for exhaust. besides, how much are you REALLY going to get from an exhaust? :rofl:

You are really not getting much HP from any exhaust , but the headers? Whos the real sucker when your OBX's welds fall apart and you cant get them replaced because OBX is a POS company that steals designs and dont back up their POS workmanship? Do you really know what your talking about??
My buddy with a CL S thought like you did and bought the cheap headers and wound up buying the Comptechs later.
He spent 300 on the OBX, 200 trying to have them rewelded and then another 1000 on the REAL Comptech headers. NOW WHO IS THE REAL SUCKER?

HEY, but you guys do what you want, Im just giving my opinion.

#34 ·
tool462 said:
You are really not getting much HP from any exhaust , but the headers? Whos the real sucker when your OBX's welds fall apart and you cant get them replaced because OBX is a POS company that steals designs and dont back up their POS workmanship? Do you really know what your talking about??
My buddy with a CL S thought like you did and bought the cheap headers and wound up buying the Comptechs later.
He spent 300 on the OBX, 200 trying to have them rewelded and then another 1000 on the REAL Comptech headers. NOW WHO IS THE REAL SUCKER?

HEY, but you guys do what you want, Im just giving my opinion.
That's funny cuz you ASSUME that I purchase OBX headers. Well, I have news for you bud, I have stone headers, and yes, they produce the SAME results as the comptech headers do, and DO NOT have the issues as the cheaper ones do.

Also, in regards to the OBX headers, yes they have crappy customer service and the headers are probably not the best, but there are several people out there with them that would say they work just as well. What it comes down to is if your lucky enough to get one without any issues. But to justify $1000+ for comptech headers for maybe 8-10hp? nah. Besides, Comptech still have "issues" just not as many.

As for being a SUCKER, ya, you are if you pay inflated prices from comptech. I'll go with company #2 that makes the same product with the same design and materials for the cheaper price. I say this not as a supporter of OBX, but for support of "other" companies. I love it how people always assume if its not a comptech brand its got to be an OBX knock off. So many narrow minded people.

Do you really know what your talking about??
and in answer to your question, yes I do. the real question is do you?

#36 ·
dreamer said:
That's funny cuz you ASSUME that I purchase OBX headers. Well, I have news for you bud, I have stone headers, and yes, they produce the SAME results as the comptech headers do, and DO NOT have the issues as the cheaper ones do.

Also, in regards to the OBX headers, yes they have crappy customer service and the headers are probably not the best, but there are several people out there with them that would say they work just as well. What it comes down to is if your lucky enough to get one without any issues. But to justify $1000+ for comptech headers for maybe 8-10hp? nah. Besides, Comptech still have "issues" just not as many.

As for being a SUCKER, ya, you are if you pay inflated prices from comptech. I'll go with company #2 that makes the same product with the same design and materials for the cheaper price. I say this not as a supporter of OBX, but for support of "other" companies. I love it how people always assume if its not a comptech brand its got to be an OBX knock off. So many narrow minded people.

and in answer to your question, yes I do. the real question is do you?

:blah: :blah: :rofl: :crazy: :bonk: :baby: :hug: :friday: :bolt:

#40 ·
I'm with vnguy, I want more low-end torque from any mods.

#41 ·
Pullies and unichip will be your salvation for low end torque.

That being said, I'll be signing up for Comptech cat back exhaust fairly soon. Why would I do that when other exhausts are alot cheaper? Well, for one quality. Second, total stock look. Third, which is an educated guess until I hear them in person, stock sound quality.

#42 ·
vnguy said:
I guess I'm just trying to find a mod that would help the bottom end.
My Injen CAI gave me an across the board increase in power, imo.

:hide:

#43 · (Edited)
tool462 said:
I wouldnt hesitate to buy this if I had a 7th gen. Nobody knows our Honda better then Comptech. I dont care what you Borla and Magnflow fans say. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
I dont doubt Comptech in any way however I think they need to deflate their prices. That system looks no better in any way than the Borla and Greddy. Im willing to pay the extra dollar for quality and performance but since they have no special gains (or looks) over the other manufacturers then why would anyone give them an extra 350-600 dollars for the same thing?! :confused: But hey thats just me...

#49 ·
shwoogy said:
vnguy

wtf? Rather do true custom dual-exhaust for that price. Jeez...

I thought a true dual exhaust for are cars would do more damage then good since there wouldnt be enough back pressure?
yes and no, it really depends on how that true dual is designed. a true equal length design with really benefit our transversely mounted engines in terms of flow as well as sound....

#50 ·
$1K for 8Whp is really expensive. You should exhaust all other means of extracting power, ie headers, pulleys, intake, etc... before investing this kind of money into high end power yielding bolt on. Second you can custom a full catback with Magnaflow mufflers and a resonator for $500-600 that will yield the same HP gains and look exactly the same, that is if you go to a "recommended" shop. Just something to think about. I am not knocking CT, just advising that there are other alternatives...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.