Accord V6 Forum banner

fog light install

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  accord6 
#1 · (Edited)
so i have a stock '95 EX V-6 front bumper and i want to install some factory foglights. my question is do i have to do any cuttiing to put them in? if not how easy are they to install? thx

#2 ·
no if you get the OEM or OEM replicas they will bolt right on ... lie down on your back and look up in the top of the bumper frame, you'll already see the mounts and cuts there ;)

#4 ·
jezus! so much for the instructions and it being right. im guessing that they were for a i4 model. the V6 is entirely differnt insdtall. had to pull my car apart to get the darn things in. took me all day to find all the screws and bolts and plastic tabs that i had to pop off to get the bumper cover off. but once i did it was maybe a half hour to actually get the wiring harness and lights installed and then to reinstall the bumper took about another hour. ill post picks of the install here in a few days and some warning if you are trying to do a factory install. (cuz it sucks).

#5 ·
that's odd because on my bumper it's bolt on application cause it's an option
you can mount the OEM mounts directly - run the wiring along the side near the battery and punch a hole in the firewall to mount the dash optional button

I've seen it done ... dude ... are you sure you got the right OEM replacement

#6 ·
the lights went into the factory spots but the 4 main bolts (2 bolts, 2 hex head) and the several small/ minor ones that it told me to undo did nothing to help me take the bumper off. ill post the picks of what i had to remove/unscrew to get my bumper off soon. the kit also has a factory switch for the interior of the car and goes to the free spot to the right of the hazard light switch above the radio. but thats about where the similarities ended for my install.

#7 ·
oviphagy said:
the lights went into the factory spots but the 4 main bolts (2 bolts, 2 hex head) and the several small/ minor ones that it told me to undo did nothing to help me take the bumper off. ill post the picks of what i had to remove/unscrew to get my bumper off soon. the kit also has a factory switch for the interior of the car and goes to the free spot to the right of the hazard light switch above the radio. but thats about where the similarities ended for my install.
have any pics? how is the output? i don't know whether or not to buy these or retrofit a pair of mini fog projectors into the bumper lights

i have tested it out already and it does not melt the lights...

#8 ·
not sure on the output cuz i had to drop it off at mechanics to get the 90000 work done on it and i havent gotten it back yet. and as a side note be careful buying from procarparts on ebay. they are the ones who sold me the kit and when they did the relay w/ the kit was bad and i was also missing the relay bracket from the box. as soon as i get the car back ill let you know. but that looks sweet mounted into the bumper lights. what wattage are they?

#10 ·
oviphagy said:
not sure on the output cuz i had to drop it off at mechanics to get the 90000 work done on it and i havent gotten it back yet. and as a side note be careful buying from procarparts on ebay. they are the ones who sold me the kit and when they did the relay w/ the kit was bad and i was also missing the relay bracket from the box. as soon as i get the car back ill let you know. but that looks sweet mounted into the bumper lights. what wattage are they?

#11 ·
here is where you can see the pics

so bumper #1 is the pain in the a** right side that i had to cut some of the plastic bolts to get the bumper off.

bumper 2 is where you need a 6" or longer phillips screwdrive to get the bumper light out

bumper 3 is shows where you need to shave down the tab so the lights will fit in correctly

bumper 4 is where the instructions said to undo the hex head and normal bolt (that did nothing to loosen my bumper)

bumper 5 is shows some of the easier to get to plastic tabs

bumper 6 is where the plastic tabs are for the drivers side which you can wiggle the leadlight around enough to get a phillips screwdriver into to undo

bumper 7 is the 3 in the center under the grill which has to be removed to get at (the easiest to undo)

bumper 8 is the 5 screws that you have to undo to get the grill out

bumper 9 is where i scraped down to bare metal to ground the passenger side light

bumper 10 is just shows where most of the damn plastic screws go and notice the 4th from the left is the one i had to cut to get out cuz the light doesnt move enough to get to it

bumper 11 is where the passenger light is and there is less room to get to the screws

well hope that helps somebody let me know if i can answer anymore questions for ya.

#13 ·
was it the same ones that i mentioned in shot bumper 4? (2 hex head and 2 normal bolts on each side?) i tried those originally and got no wiggle of the bumper so i went the other route

#14 ·
yeah on each side, it's 2 hex head in the bumper signal, 1 hex head connecting the front bumper and wheel well fender, and 1 plastic screw under the bumper

the first attempt was hard. i had to wriggle the bumper upward hard for it to budge.

the horizontal arrow is wrong. theres another hex bolt to the left of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.