Accord V6 Forum banner

Who has the mangaflow exhuast?

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  terrylee79 
#1 ·
Anyone?
Do you like it?
Is it really quiet and deep tone?

#3 ·
had it on for about a week. sounded really good when you were flooring it but just cruising around town was extreemely annoying around 2000-3000 rpm. currently shopping around for something a little more quite during normal daily driving.

#5 ·
ComptechAccord4 said:
I installed the Comptech full exhaust for my accord about a week ago, and it doesn't sound ricey or tinny at all. It is loud when vtec kicks in, yet quite enough inside the cabin for a comfortable cruise on the freeway.

I love it, and if you buy one, it will not dissapoint. I promise you
but not everyone can afford a comptech. i know for sure taht im not going to be spending that much money just for exhausts, thats why im lookin into borla or magnaflow

#7 ·
will9455 said:
had it on for about a week. sounded really good when you were flooring it but just cruising around town was extreemely annoying around 2000-3000 rpm. currently shopping around for something a little more quite during normal daily driving.

I find the magnaflow annoying when just cruising aswell. Also they go quiet above 3500rpm. I don't like them.

#11 ·
I love my maganflow system. Not too loud at all and its definately not quiet. The difference with mine is that I had mine custom made instead of buying the catback system (much cheaper for me custom). So I have 2.5 inch custom piping with an 18 inch tube resonator (glasspack) to a "Y" adapter to 2.25 inch Maganflow Mufflers.

#12 ·
relentless said:
I love my maganflow system. Not too loud at all and its definately not quiet. The difference with mine is that I had mine custom made instead of buying the catback system (much cheaper for me custom). So I have 2.5 inch custom piping with an 18 inch tube resonator (glasspack) to a "Y" adapter to 2.25 inch Maganflow Mufflers.
Same as me custome made with 18" reson. Alot of droaning on the highway and sound not present above 3500rpm, but sounds good below 3500rpm.

#14 ·
duRritztiNy said:
so could u custom a borla?
Yes. There were a few reasons why I went custom.

- Price. My friends friend owns a shop in LA so I got hooked up.
- I can choose my own tips instead of buying a catback system and spending more money to put on the tips I want.
- I can customize the sound as the system is being made (change of resonators).

#15 ·
relentless said:
Yes. There were a few reasons why I went custom.

- Price. My friends friend owns a shop in LA so I got hooked up.
- I can choose my own tips instead of buying a catback system and spending more money to put on the tips I want.
- I can customize the sound as the system is being made (change of resonators).
how much did u spent total?

#16 ·
will9455 said:

You say you had the magnaflow for about a week...im planning on getting one for or LOOKING to get one for a 2002 V6...is it annoying on the highway..."droaning" sound that i've read reviews about...and how bout around town...was it really that bad..im like you...i just like quiet when im driving (esp. inside the cabin) but I want it to kick in only when I give the gas or start it up...thanks for any advice...

DK

#23 ·
Got my magnaflow from www.hottexhaust.com and I LOVE IT! Its got a really deep tone and it doesnt drown at all on the highway. Sometimes i wish it was louder but i know it would get annoying if it were any louder so i think its perfect. Check out my gallery, I have alot of pics of the exhaust before I installed it.

BTW. If you order from www.hottexhaust.com, tell them you found out about their business from google and they will get you a discount. I got mine for $450 shipped. That was just too good of a deal to pass up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.