Accord V6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flooring your car.

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  SteVTEC 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 black coupe V6 auto.. :( .. but im thankful :angel: , anyways.. just out of curiousity how and when should you floor your car? at what gear do you feel the best pull.. this is for automatics by the ways.. and i have about 850 miles into my car.. is it bad to be flooring my car? i have the 100,000 mile warrenty so my friend says if transmission dies just go there and they'll give you a new one. But I still worry about my car. When should i floor it, at what speed should i floor it if i was cruising, and what gear should i floor it in. (i have the auto)

#2 ·
"how" do you floor it? :confused:

#3 ·
you can floor it whenever the heck you want to. the gear with the most pull is the lowest gear that doesn't go into redline. your auto will automatically downshift into that gear. you can floor it in 1,2, or d3, but just shift before you start hitting the rev limiter.

#4 ·
well i have the auto also, heres how i do it...at a complete stop, press the gas only halfway, it will rev up but to keep it from changing gears keep pushing the gas down slowly and when its almost redline release to half way so it changes to the next gear and repeat, it works well for me when a riced up civic "tries" to race me....
anyway let me know how it works for you.. i noticed flooring all the way down fast wont give you the speed you need cause it will change gears to fast(fuel econmy i gues)...

#5 ·
Why do you floor it? Just for fun or to get out of the way. When i first got my car new i floored it all the time getting on the freeway, and my car is still going strong at 80k+. But if its for fun just make sure you are not abusing it, and if yur getting out of the way, well its better to have a tranmission gone than the back half of your car. I know that the 350z has a strict break-in period. My aunt bought one and the rev limiter was at 4k until the break in.

#6 ·
as for miles?? is it ok, meaning safe? how often should u floor your car.. cause i love speed. and what mods can you do to get that additional low end push.. i heard the injen cai will give it a little, the unichip? and some pulleys?? maybe a borla catback? so yea.. is it safe? and how often should i floor it meaning what's my "limit".. how often do you floor it.. and when does vtec hit?? god im such a newb!!

#7 ·
chewydog said:
well i have the auto also, heres how i do it...at a complete stop, press the gas only halfway, it will rev up but to keep it from changing gears keep pushing the gas down slowly and when its almost redline release to half way so it changes to the next gear and repeat, it works well for me when a riced up civic "tries" to race me....
anyway let me know how it works for you.. i noticed flooring all the way down fast wont give you the speed you need cause it will change gears to fast(fuel econmy i gues)...
ill try that out.. so basically, when im at a red light, press it mid way, then press it more den release it before it redlines? but you can't redline unless you put it manually into 1 2 or D3.. so how does that work

#9 ·
chewydog said:
tat's very interesting...i sorta feel the same way...has anyone tested this at the track?

#10 ·
jyhighsky said:
as for miles?? is it ok, meaning safe? how often should u floor your car.. cause i love speed. and what mods can you do to get that additional low end push.. i heard the injen cai will give it a little, the unichip? and some pulleys?? maybe a borla catback? so yea.. is it safe? and how often should i floor it meaning what's my "limit".. how often do you floor it.. and when does vtec hit?? god im such a newb!!
i love the injen cai. Just got it for my auto v6 coupe for about a month now. Got a lot more low end power now. Car sounds mean too when u punch it :D

#12 ·
chewydog said:
ah, and you have TRACK times to back this up right? :bs:

BTW, the electronic throttle control already cuts throttle during shifts to reduce stress on the tranny. :)

#13 ·
SteVTEC said:
ah, and you have TRACK times to back this up right? :bs:

BTW, the electronic throttle control already cuts throttle during shifts to reduce stress on the tranny. :)
hey a$$hole thats just how i "floor it" i never said its a new way to get better track times, you dont have to be an ass about it lets see what everyone else who tries thinks then you can :bs: all you want, and this is in the [D] position not changing gears manually and i do hit almost redline all the time doing this so just wait and see what the other members who try this think....

#14 ·
jyhighsky said:
Yes you are a newb. And since this is probably your first car and you don't even really understand the basics of driving, I suggest using discretion and caution and not go around "flooring" a 240hp car before learing good driving skills first.

These cars can get up to high speeds very quickly while at the same time the stock handling and braking pretty much sucks. DOZENS of people learned that the hard way here when this gen of car came out in 2003. They were racing them around like rocket ships failing to realize that they're still front-heavy understeering FWD cars with poor brakes that don't turn well. Posts about scraping curbs and hitting concrete barriers on ramps due to excessive speed and lack of respect or understanding of the limits of the car were almost a WEEKLY occurance for awhile. Luckily nobody killed themselves. Don't be one of them.

#15 · (Edited)
chewydog said:
hey a$$hole thats just how i "floor it" i never said its a new way to get better track times, you dont have to be an ass about it lets see what everyone else who tries thinks then you can :bs: all you want, and this is in the [D] position not changing gears manually and i do hit almost redline all the time doing this so just wait and see what the other members who try this think....
Hey Steve did you bann him for calling you an ahole or just because hes right and thats the way to go fast and kill your self.....

#17 ·
Menow said:
Hey Steve did you bann him for calling you an ahole or just because hes right and thats the way to go fast and kill your self.....
No I banned him for a week for being an idiot and not knowing WTF he's talking about, for misinforming members that are trying to learn, AND for calling me an ahole just for challenging something that doesn't make sense. However, since you decided to re-register just to flame me again (funny how your posts have the same IP address :eek: ), I'm flipping both accounts to permanent ban. :)

Thank you come again. :wave:

#18 ·
jyhighsky - learn how to drive safely and responsibly first, and what the limits of your car are before going around flooring it. You don't even understand the basics of operation of your car, and you need to understand that before doing any aggressive driving. To gain that you need seat time and driving experience. When you have that you won't need to ask questions like these on a forum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.