Accord V6 Forum banner

shift knobs for auto?

10K views 74 replies 22 participants last post by  gofaster012 
#1 ·
#8 ·
did you put it on the plastic piece, or on the shaft itself? if you take the plastic piece out, it'll drop the height.

#13 · (Edited)
This is exactly what I've been looking into doing. I've searched my ass of trying to figure out if the fitment of the Momo auto shift knob and 6-speed boot would provide good, clean fitment. How does the Momo knob install? Is it threaded or screw on like the stock auto knob? I'd like to get this thing figured out quickly because I want to do this conversion when I install my iPod next week. How could you shorten the shift lever? Could you cut the metal shaft, then remove that white platic shaft and cut it accordingly?

deuzezwild said:
can i get more pictures of the momo shift knob installed? brex's looks a little high to me.
:and1:plus I couldn't find a picture of Brex's in his gallery. Could someone post it up if they have it handy? Thanks

#16 ·
#18 ·
kramer2k said:
Man, that does look pretty smooth. The fitment looks nice and snug against the bottom of the shift knob too. So how would you go about shortening the shaft? I'd also like to look into how the 6-speed boot would look with this knob.

yep. but actually i think im gonna get the first one + shift boot. dont feel like sinking $100 into a shift knob.

#20 ·
i dont. i called them and asked what diameter shaft it fit on and the woman was "uhhh, i dont HAVE that information. its UNIVERSAL fit". i was like biatch, ill show you what fits on MY shaft. uhm. yeah. so im considering getting it and returning it if it doesnt fit.

#26 ·
7thGenVillain said:
the momo will fit any shaft .60 or 14mm in diameter or less
awesome. he's getting the autotecnica one, and testing it. if he likes it and it fits, im buying it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.