Accord V6 Forum banner

To spoiler or not to spoiler

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  madkilla99 
#1 ·
Got a white '03 sedan.
Who thinks a spoiler would make the rear end look better?

What kind of prices am I looking at?
Ebay has painted spoilers (with brake LEDs) for the 7th gen sedan at $120, but with no heavy duty trunk spring ($80).

Do you guys think it's worth it?
Would I be able to install it myself (I'm your averge guy with a some handywork experience)

Thanks. :)

#2 ·
go for a lip spoiler...rare and nice looking

#3 ·
ipribadi said:
Got a white '03 sedan.
Who thinks a spoiler would make the rear end look better?

What kind of prices am I looking at?
Ebay has painted spoilers (with brake LEDs) for the 7th gen sedan at $120, but with no heavy duty trunk spring ($80).

Do you guys think it's worth it?
Would I be able to install it myself (I'm your averge guy with a some handywork experience)

Thanks. :)

I have the regular wing and I love mine... of course the lip one is cool too:D

#8 ·
I'd like to get the CF trunk but you can't use your spoiler.

I also heard that the fitment on the left side isn't the best with the CF trunk.

#10 ·
Thanks for the replies ...
I think I'll go with the wing spoiler. :D

I once thought of getting the lip spoiler thinking it would be easier to install .. then I found out that it's not! It requires drilling four holes in the trunk but does cost $100 cheaper.

What do you think about the <$150 painted wing spoilers on eBay? Are they worth it?
HandAaccessories have the wing spoiler s for $335 that incl the HD trunk spring, I suppose the eBay stuff doesn't incl this.

My dealer then tells me the HD trunk springs are $80! Ouch ...
Still $150+$80 = $230
... is the eBay stuff worth it? anyone with experience on this?

Thanks.

#11 ·
I went throught he same deal for my 04 ACcord and found out that the wing spoilers on Ebay are supposed to be lighter, thus negating the need for trunk springs... I believe you get what you pay for, so I ended up at Handaaccessories and bought mine with a paint pen and a spring tool (which I can sell you for cheep!) :)
It is relatively easy to install...
DO NOT drill through both panels... you'll understand when you get there...
It makes the car look waaaaaaaay better!

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.