I have left the 4 bangers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD 4-CYL GENERAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:43 PM   #1

I have left the 4 bangers

Hello guys, I recently sold my 98 accord ex with 107,000 for $6800. Well I decided to buy a 98 Acura Cl 3.0 Premium. Wow, what a difference, so many more features and that engine has some balls compared to my old 4banger. Although the Cl isn't top notch luxury, its still has several features that make it mid luxury compared to the accord, wood dash, bose sound system(which sounds so good) 16" rims, chrome grille, 8way power seat, memory seat, heated seats, heated side mirrors, homelink control, upgraded speedometer style.....I'm very impressed and have to say I like this car a hell of a lot better than the similar accord. I paid $7500 for the 98 cl 3.0 with 94,000miles. Blue leather seats , damn comfy. I just feel like this car fits my personality and wishes much better than my old accord. And hey, my old rims will fit on this car as well. Sorry to leave you guys, but its for the best!!!! Come check out some pics of my new ride and compare them to my old ride. http://ricepilof.tripod.com
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2004, 03:05 AM   #2

Congrats

At one point before I got my Accord I wanted a 3.0 CL. The main reason I didn't get it was because the 1st gen CL was based off the 5th gen Accord. Because of that the 1st gen CL has a certain look to it that I don't really like and that it sits in an older Accord platform. I did however want that engine so I got the car I have now. Though my car doesn't have heated seats with memory, HID's, or a Bose radio .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 20th, 2004, 03:55 AM   #3

I actually love the older style accord platform compared to my 98 accord. It has a more homely feel for me unlike my 98 accord. I actually liked my 95 accord better than the 98. Now if I can only solve the problem of getting my amp wires under the back seat. Damn this car is the hardest car yet to install amp wires. The back seat doesn't want to come up, nor does it fold down????? Anybody have any suggestions?
ricepilof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 20th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #4
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepilof
I actually love the older style accord platform compared to my 98 accord. It has a more homely feel for me unlike my 98 accord. I actually liked my 95 accord better than the 98.
I know what you mean. My uncle had a 96 Accord EX V6 and I really liked the way that car felt when I sat in it. In 5th gens, you sit down low and the dash is just below eye level. It's very cozy and comfortable. In the 6th gen, you sit way too high and look down on the dash as if you're in a minivan . It just doesn't have that warm, cozy feeling that previous Accords have. The 5th gen also had really good, supportive seats, front and rear, that were much more comfortable than my 6th gen's
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #5

good for u
Shogoful is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #6

nice ur a brave one thought with gas so high u upgrade its gunna suck the first 20 or so fill ups
deevilgnius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #7

joined the dark side..dissapointing
Cuneyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #8

98 Acura Cl 3.0 Premium is a great car i also love it.
scubb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in