Fender help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #1

Fender help

Where can i get a Left side fender for a 96 accord V6

and how would i put it in?
nastynguyen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #2

Ok, here we go. I helped my father get this '96 Accord V6 a few years ago. A couple of weeks ago, Pa had a minor accident and rear ended the car in front of him. The air bags deploy. He was the only one in the car. The passenger side bag breaks the windshield, the driver side air bag hits him on the left ear. I think his head was turned a bit to the right. Now he cannot hear out of his left ear and it's been a month.
Anyway, the car is being fixed by a friend of mine who does body work at home when he is not working at his regular job in a tractor trailer body shop.
We're all done but air bags. My Dad is insistant that the air bags not be replaced. He hates them and said he will pay to NOT put them back in. So...., I don't think this is an issue in Tenn as long as the car passes emissions and you wear a seat belt.
My question(s)
Is is possible to turn off the SRS dash light after the bags have deployed and bags are not being replaced?
How hard to pull the SRS bulb or indicator light wiring?
I read where someone said to drill a very small hole through the dash into the bulb, I'd rather not do that.
I'm an average wrench, I found on the bb how to remove and clean the tranny solnoids, and I do brake pad replacement, oil changes, etc..
Is there anyway to get this light out and if the SRS light is extinguished, will it cause the check engine light to come on since the bags deployed?
Will the SRS computer affect the running of the car if bags are not replaced. The car was very drivable after the minor bender and ran well.
thomasstuart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #3

try pick and pull
hondarazor23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 10th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #4

or some local tuner shops might have them, they might have the jdm ones too w/sidemarker cutout already also
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #5

or try passwordjdm.com but they charge an arm and a leg
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasstuart View Post
Ok, here we go. I helped my father get this '96 Accord V6 a few years ago. A couple of weeks ago, Pa had a minor accident and rear ended the car in front of him. The air bags deploy. He was the only one in the car. The passenger side bag breaks the windshield, the driver side air bag hits him on the left ear. I think his head was turned a bit to the right. Now he cannot hear out of his left ear and it's been a month.
Anyway, the car is being fixed by a friend of mine who does body work at home when he is not working at his regular job in a tractor trailer body shop.
We're all done but air bags. My Dad is insistant that the air bags not be replaced. He hates them and said he will pay to NOT put them back in. So...., I don't think this is an issue in Tenn as long as the car passes emissions and you wear a seat belt.
My question(s)
Is is possible to turn off the SRS dash light after the bags have deployed and bags are not being replaced?
How hard to pull the SRS bulb or indicator light wiring?
I read where someone said to drill a very small hole through the dash into the bulb, I'd rather not do that.
I'm an average wrench, I found on the bb how to remove and clean the tranny solnoids, and I do brake pad replacement, oil changes, etc..
Is there anyway to get this light out and if the SRS light is extinguished, will it cause the check engine light to come on since the bags deployed?
Will the SRS computer affect the running of the car if bags are not replaced. The car was very drivable after the minor bender and ran well.
wth are you talking about? haha
Im sorry but this doesnt even relate to what the OP was asking but here, I'll help you out since you already thread jacked
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #7

Here, this is for after market steering wheels which causes SRS light to come on BUT its the same thing if your just trying to get the light to go off..
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #8

damn wont let me post link until I hit 10 post..
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #9

sorry for all these post guys bare with me, im just trying to help..haha
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #10

Click here for SRS delete info:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2398113
Old December 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #11

i tryed everywhere v6 is so rare
i decided on majestichondaparts
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarazor23 View Post
or some local tuner shops might have them, they might have the jdm ones too w/sidemarker cutout already also
JDM fenders dont fit the V6. our cars are longer in the front and actually sit on the CE frame with the wagon. your best bet is junk yards and craigslist. now if you really want to try aftermarket ones. i'm sure you could get a shop to tack on some extra sheet metal to stretch it out....
Ronracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Large Member

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned TAS.

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=530&p=1

$168 bucks for a front fender.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:00 AM   #14

tas rapes u with shipping
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynguyen View Post
tas rapes u with shipping

lmao!!
Ronracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in