4 Seasons Fail - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #1
Triathlete

Thumbs down 4 Seasons Fail

Quote:
...To my dismay, the compressor came in a box with “Made in United States” printed on it, but a sticker beneath with “Made in China” written below 4 Season’s Lewisville, TX Corporate Office and Distribution Center address. I opened it and found a Chinese compressor made by Bao Lai Enterprises International, model ATRS090. I said, “Oh boy, here we go again.” The guy asked what the problem was, I let him know that somebody put a Chinese compressor in my box and that I would not be happy if I had to use the warranty after a few weeks of use; he had no comment....
Sometimes, I hate being right.

10 months of service and the clutch falls off. Pictures below.

A few days ago, the compressor started sporadically engaging and disengaging. It was an intermittent failure, so I decided to let it ride until the problem got worse so it would be easier to diagnose. Last night, the grinding started, shortly followed by a dull pop and the sound of bits of metal tumbling down from my engine bay. I pulled into a Wal-Mart parking lot and removed the A/C belt (I had a 14mm box-end wrench in my trunk) and took the pictures below.

This morning, they ordered replacement. They will call me when it arrives so I can bring in the old one to swap for the new.

I have my old empties saved from the install, I will assemble a cold trap to re-use the 22 ounces of refrigerant in the system now.

You can see the belt is frayed on the distal side, relative to the motor.

See anything missing?

There you are!

My temporary fix:

1986 Toyota MR2 (AW11)
1.6 liter DOHC 16-valve EFI (4A-GE)
5-spd manual (C50)
James_Matteu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in