clicking sound - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:49 PM   #1

Unhappy clicking sound

ok well about my problem.......ok me and my friends went to eat at Cici's pizza.. outside next to the place, their wuz this meet..all kinds of cars......so like to cut down on the details......my friend told me to rev up my car and peel out in front of everybody ( bad idea).........so like I rolled up slowly (in neutral)....and just punched the gas (I had forgoten that my car wuz in neutral) I thought I wuz gonna peel out but my car like redlined really really badddddddd........I mean it wuz almost at 7000 rpm ( I wuz too busy looking to see peoplez reactions so like I didn't bother to really look down at my tach).........after I did that I think I might have shot one of my pistons. cuz like it feels like I have a lose of compression when I hit the gass. Ohh and also when my car is at a stop..I hear this clicking sound, and kinda this like whistling sound(soft) which leads me to think that it might just be the pistons.....wut do U guys think it is and wut do you guys think I should do about this...if it is my pistons should I change it or get an engine swap to somthing like an h22....
kr8zyT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2004, 06:36 AM   #2

the clicking could be a valve. Might just need head work. Good excuse to have your head reenforced (oversized valves, stronger springs and retainers, port polish, matched, valve job, ect) or better yet go for the c32 head swap and do all the same work to it. You want performance, now is your chance to build the motor for real.
laststarburning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:05 PM   #3

ahhhhhhhh thanx laststarburning

Old March 1st, 2004, 05:32 AM   #4
bryan <3's bomex

i second the c32 head swap
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:21 PM   #5

my god your crazy why did you do that for? go do your head swap
omega c9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 06:30 PM   #6
bryan <3's bomex

hey man lets just say youre lucky that our cars REALLY redline around 6600 so you may not be as worse off
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM   #7

yea I am lucky that my engine isn't all f*cked up.........but O well..now i got an excuse to get a c32 head......the only problem now would be where I can get one......and if I'm really willing to get it or just wait a couple of years and then do some work on my new 04 civic ex my dad got me for my B-DAY.......well you people prob don't wanna hear me talk about 4 bangers here anywayz, so like I'll stop right here.......hmmmmmmmmmm........hard decision....what to do, what to do.......
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM   #8

looks like u got
accordRedliner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in