av6 wheelwell same as 4cyl? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to mobettabin
av6 wheelwell same as 4cyl?

hey guys
i'm plannin on getting some body work done to my car soon. I need to get an inner wheelwell on the r/h side fender. it fell off once while i was driving. Anyway. the bodyshop had it listed for $188.25, which comes out to more than the damn fender (have to replace it cuz i got into an accident). Now I went on TASauto.com, and they have the wheelwell listed at $33. The SAME part number is listed under the av6 and 4cyl. I called them up and the guy said that its the same for all years. I dont see how thats possible, seeing as how the av6 was longer in the front and has the longer fenders. Now, my question is...is my thinkin right, and its not the same part? Or am i wrong and I can order it and save myself $150?? If I'm right, does anyone know where i can get the wheelwell for our cars @ a cheaper price?
mobettabin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2006, 11:14 AM   #2

Check a local Junk yard. They sometimes have parts in great shape and charge a good price for them.
Powder11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobettabin
hey guys
i'm plannin on getting some body work done to my car soon. I need to get an inner wheelwell on the r/h side fender. it fell off once while i was driving. Anyway. the bodyshop had it listed for $188.25, which comes out to more than the damn fender (have to replace it cuz i got into an accident). Now I went on TASauto.com, and they have the wheelwell listed at $33. The SAME part number is listed under the av6 and 4cyl. I called them up and the guy said that its the same for all years. I dont see how thats possible, seeing as how the av6 was longer in the front and has the longer fenders. Now, my question is...is my thinkin right, and its not the same part? Or am i wrong and I can order it and save myself $150?? If I'm right, does anyone know where i can get the wheelwell for our cars @ a cheaper price?
i bought one from TAS and it fits perfectly
accord6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 1st, 2006, 12:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord6
i bought one from TAS and it fits perfectly
well, thats all the confirmation i'll need. I called honda earlier and they said its the same thing. But thanks, cuz now i know for sure i can get that. The clips are 95 cents each on TAS, and the freakin dealer wanted $3.17 each. the car needs 11, so that totals out to $34.87 FOR PLASTIC CLIPS!!! the damn wheelwell costs $50 at the dealer....man...$3.17 each how awesome is that?! anyway, thanks again for your help. its greatly appreciated.
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Q

i bought 11 clips from TAS but only used 8 or 9. it took some work to get the new wheelwell in but it took only a couple of seconds to rip the old one right out of the car while driving
accord6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord6
i bought 11 clips from TAS but only used 8 or 9. it took some work to get the new wheelwell in but it took only a couple of seconds to rip the old one right out of the car while driving
yea mine wont take long to take out..somehow it actually came off while i was driving one day. i was on the highway and heard something scraping on the ground. i got off and made a left turn, and it came RIGHT off. i dont get how it came off, but it did. it was kinda odd, really.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:24 AM   #7

the reason they are the same parts is that the wheel wells are the same on I4 and cyl cars
YeuEmMaiMai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #8
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!

Send a message via MSN to cowgodv6
wheel wells are pointless and add extra weight
you guys should always check with scrappers first, there are sooo many up here I could have sent you 10 mint ones for 5$ each
cowgodv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #9
the Lost Sol

Send a message via AIM to KhanhCord
bah mine fell out the day after i got my intake haha went on freeway and romped on it.. haha shiet fell out and scared the shiet outta me ..but ya i went to dealer to get it replaced but costed 2 much so didnt bother.. glad i didnt cuz now cooler air is rite next to my intake
KhanhCord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in