Exhaust Manifold - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #1
SIR Bound....Slowly

Exhaust Manifold

Ok guys, went to honda yesterday and got all the information about our exhaust as i could.. And didnt get much, but i did get a diagram of our exhaust manifold.. Im suprised to see what we have.. a 1-1 configuration. the manifold is one big opening with a flange for 3 cylinders.. looks very easy for modding.. And they are not welded to the block, but held on by 7 bolts, and i talked to the shop forman and he said that there is enough room to work with to remove the manifold, though the space is kinda small. I figure ill be a pioneer with this and remove the manifolds, make a dye of the flange and either use the flange to make 3-1 headers or grind out the manifold and just widen it up (Which will be hard due to the fact i dont know how much wall there is to grind into.. i dont think a 3-2-1 header is possible .. unless we modify the y pipe.. but the 3-1 is easier.

What do ya think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my car on cardomain!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Here&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by Thundagoose; July 19th, 2006 at 07:17 PM..
Thundagoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #2

Good luck, let us all know how it goes.
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #3
bryan <3's bomex

i think its a great idea
photos:

myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to hightower6969
thunda: go for it. Cause we got some anxious mofos that want some ****. These companies ain't gonna give us what we want, we do ourselves. Let us all know how it goes and see what a difference it would make.
hightower6969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #5
SIR Bound....Slowly

thanks for the replies guys, The only thing im gonna be conserned about is if i grind out the existing manifold, if it doesnt prove a positive, them im stuck with a peice of junk manifold and ill have to buy a new one.. IF i get it to work, im mostly to design a system for true dual exhaust. Would anyone else be interested in something like that? it would be just a custom H pipe, not the whole exhaust, you would have to go to a bodyshop to map out the exhaust for the second line. If i grind out the manifold also and turns to be a positive (Withought making a convert to true dual), how can i contribute to you 5th gen guys. i doubt you would want your manifold gone off your car for who knows how long it would take me right now.. If i can get headers designed then there is the possibility of a small production of them.. *Note .. with anything custom.. absolutely nothing on this exhaust has to remain factory and can be designed any way we want, so building headers and a new Y pipe or custom H pipe for dual exhaust can turn out to be a very easy task since you can make any kind of flange you want or anything just as long as the flangle lines up on the block the rest is up in the air.. you will have to give me a few weeks here to be able to look at it, but it is #2 on my to do list, after getting my timing belt changed..

Last edited by Thundagoose; July 20th, 2006 at 01:26 PM..
Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:18 AM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to hightower6969
I don't know about getting a h pipe since I already installed a pipe not too long ago. Take your time with exhaust, manifolds, and headers.
hightower6969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:41 AM   #7

^^Thunda, that's why when I'm in school and makin NA and turbo manifolds for 5th gens I'm gonna make a jig so I can produce manifolds without the customer car being present or the stock manifold from the car, buuut we're kinda doin different things, since I'm makin new ones from scratch and you're talking about modding the stock piece.
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:54 PM   #8
SIR Bound....Slowly

yeah but i might be making all new headers
Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:06 PM   #9

Hi

I m new in this site can some one please help me for buying muffler for my Accord 96 V6, I don't know the the inlet size of muffler can some one please let me know the size so I can buy muffler for my Car

Thanks
undefined
nomi640 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #10

wow ive been looking into this myself as well. thanks for the info thunda. well as far as things go it would not be to hard to make some from scratch you just need to make sure the flange is the same and then go custom from there. im not to informed on the whole welding area of things so i would need someone to take that on you know so im in a tough possition.

at anytime im sure in if you are able to produce a few sets im definatly in for that. the hard part seems to be on how the two exhaust manifolds are going to meet into the final stretch of the exhaust. when you look under there stock its like a Y and has some crazy bend. our exhaust is very restrictive i think as far as what i can see when you have the car up in the air. it would be awesome to have 2-2 1/2" pipe all the way back tho. keeps us updated.

how much is your timing belt gonna be? im trying to decide to do mine or just let it break when it breaks lol. im gonna put a new engine in no matter what now. i love my car to much to spend more on another used car with high miles. why not get new almost everything for 9k and have a new kick ass car lol.
Powder11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #11
SIR Bound....Slowly

well honda told me $675 to change the timing belt, drive belt, and water pump and labor.. You dont want to let the belt break cause your motor will be trashed.. But if you dont care cause your getting a new one anyways.. thats up to you.. As i said, if i make custom headers for it, i will most likely design it to be true duals.. If im able to grind out the exhaust manifold i will just keep the Y pipe design.. ill figure out more as the time comes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in