Dash Power Issues - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:55 AM   #1
SIR Bound....Slowly

Dash Power Issues

Since my car got broken into and the thieves tore apart the radio/shifter plate to get the reciever out, my clock no longer works and I put back in my stock radio, but every time i turn the car on, it makes me put in the code every time.

Ive taken apart the clock to try and figure out why its not working, but nothing looks wrong. When I turn on the car, the clock doesnt light, but when i push the little circular button in, it lights up to 1:00 but as soon as I let go it goes out., and doesnt remember the time if I set the time with the circular button pushed in , shut off the car with my finger still on the button, and turn the car on it goes back to 1:00.. I thought about trying to get a new clock but I dont think the clock is the issue..

My stock radio like I said makes me put in the code every time i turn the car on, and works just fine after I put the code in, until I shut off the car and have to restart it, then Code again..

There is deffinetly a power issue going on here.. I just dont know what.. Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening, or what I can do to find out whats going on.. I wanna stay away from the dealership right now so I wanna see what I can do on my own.. Thanks in advance

-Thundagoose
Thundagoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM   #2

Well I do think it is a power issue. Did the thieves cut any wires or damage any wires? are all the Fuses good? Has the car shut-off Fuse or switch tripped related to the alarm? Check these then try getting a Volt meter and trace the power wires in the dash see if their is a short or some crossed wires. I'd start there, if i can trace the problem then I would go to a shop.

-Brandon-
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:54 PM   #3
SIR Bound....Slowly

where is the car shut off fuse and what does it do?

Old August 5th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #4

its apart of the alarm. In some factory alarms there is a cut off switch or fuse so that will trip when ever someone is trying to steal your car so they won't get away with it. But if your able to drive the car I would think its not the case but weird things have happened. first check if the wires in the dash have been cut, damaged, or exposed from their coverings. which is where I would check first.
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #5
SIR Bound....Slowly

Hey just wanted to update.. I looked at the fusebox under the hood and took a look at the Radio(Backup) fuse.. It was blown.. put a new one in and cd player and clock work absolutely fine now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in