Lowering - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:36 PM   #1
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12
Lowering

Hey I'm planning on putting 17'' rims on my Accord and was just wondering how low i should drop my car to make it look good...
not too low just so the rims fit the wheel well.
BpGoldv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:59 PM   #2
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 143
2" is nice see neuspeed sports or eibachs. I Have also heard about the imfamous TEIN coilovers, but those will empty your pocket.
Robs97accordv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:23 AM   #3
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
i have pro-kits they drop em pretty low i have 2 finger gap in the back 3 in the front
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #4
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally posted by mastadulog
i have pro-kits they drop em pretty low i have 2 finger gap in the back 3 in the front
Pro kits dropped your car lower in the back than the front? I'm seriously thinking of switching to Pro Kits from the Progress springs I have now. I'm sitting about 2.5 inches lower than stock. Damned car looks good but the ride sucks. My AGXs can't handle the drop. Eibach says the Pro Kits will lower our car 1.4 inches, front and back. An extra inch of travel from where I'm at now should make all the difference as far as ride quality.

Do you have any good pictures of how your car sits, mastadulog?
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #5
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
heres some pics. check out my sig too.










__________________
-97 Accord V6-
aim: bpdulog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
myspace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hincity:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #6
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Thanks Masta. I'd like to talk to you more about this. Your car really looks about as low as mine so I'm wondering about how yours rides. I've probably asked you this already but are you running AGXs? If you can tell me your car rides fairly smoothly and doesn't bottom out in the front over typical bumps in the road, I'll go with the Pro Kits. I just want a little more travel and a spring that will recover gracefully from a bump rather than let the shock hit its bump stops. I'm not talking about huge bumps in the road, just typical.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #7
the Lost Sol
 
KhanhCord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SolCal
Posts: 2,198
Send a message via AIM to KhanhCord
Quote:
Originally posted by mastadulog
i have pro-kits they drop em pretty low i have 2 finger gap in the back 3 in the front
wow thats alotta gap w/ springs? i got stock springs: 2finger gap rear and 3.5 front
KhanhCord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #8
the Lost Sol
 
KhanhCord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SolCal
Posts: 2,198
Send a message via AIM to KhanhCord
GAllo: mastagulog got Illuminas (from Omega) not AGXs
KhanhCord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally posted by Vi8_KhanhCord
GAllo: mastagulog got Illuminas (from Omega) not AGXs
Thanks, man. I guess it doesn't really matter whether its Illuminas or AGXs, its ultimately the spring that determines how low the car is. I'm all about the ride quality, at this point. As long as I'm not going to be driving a 4x4.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #10
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
i'm not really one concerned with ride quality, i have em on the stiffest setting and lemme tell you my passengers gimme that 'what the hell did you do to your car look' lol. i feel pretty much every bump in the ground but thats b/c of the low pros combined with this. i rarely bottom out unless i'm going a lil fast and other than that i know which bumps to take at an angle so you should be fine
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #11
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally posted by mastadulog
i'm not really one concerned with ride quality, i have em on the stiffest setting and lemme tell you my passengers gimme that 'what the hell did you do to your car look' lol. i feel pretty much every bump in the ground but thats b/c of the low pros combined with this. i rarely bottom out unless i'm going a lil fast and other than that i know which bumps to take at an angle so you should be fine
I know what you mean about passengers giving you grief about your car. My mom makes comments about my car every time I take her somewhere. "Why did you ruin your car by lowering it" is her most common comment. lol I scrape my exhaust every time I go up a decent driveway and forget going over speed bumps, I avoid 'em like the plague.

I don't bottom out completely but it just seems my front springs are too weak to support the weight of the engine and the car itself. The back is fine. I like how your car looks so I'll go get some Pro Kits installed and take some new pics.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #12
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
Quote:
Originally posted by Gallo
I know what you mean about passengers giving you grief about your car. My mom makes comments about my car every time I take her somewhere. "Why did you ruin your car by lowering it" is her most common comment. lol I scrape my exhaust every time I go up a decent driveway and forget going over speed bumps, I avoid 'em like the plague.

I don't bottom out completely but it just seems my front springs are too weak to support the weight of the engine and the car itself. The back is fine. I like how your car looks so I'll go get some Pro Kits installed and take some new pics.
haha yea i know how you feel about parents. cant wait to see those new pics up!
__________________
-97 Accord V6-
aim: bpdulog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
myspace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hincity:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #13
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
By the way, Mastadulog, did you ever get a new center cap for your wheel? I noticed in your sig its missing. Or was that it a conscious decision to leave it off?
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:39 PM   #14
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
haha, theres a long story behind that, but since im in a good mood i shall share

day after i got my car lowered i decided to go take some pics. first i stopped by this parking lot near my house and i took a couple of shots. then i went to a different lot (the one in the above pics) and noticed my right front center cap somehow fell off. must've been a bad reinstallation or somethin but it didnt really bother me, so i took off my front left one and went to this authorized seller for racinghart. i spoke to the guy and told him what happened and he said hed get me one the upcoming weekend. that same weekend i went to the place and he said theyd have it for me the week after. so i wait a week and call the place up and the guy tells me he still doesnt have them in and he'd call me back when they get em. so at this point im a little agitated so i decided to use my money to work on my system instead of waiting for these damn things
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #15
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally posted by mastadulog
haha, theres a long story behind that, but since im in a good mood i shall share

day after i got my car lowered i decided to go take some pics. first i stopped by this parking lot near my house and i took a couple of shots. then i went to a different lot (the one in the above pics) and noticed my right front center cap somehow fell off. must've been a bad reinstallation or somethin but it didnt really bother me, so i took off my front left one and went to this authorized seller for racinghart. i spoke to the guy and told him what happened and he said hed get me one the upcoming weekend. that same weekend i went to the place and he said theyd have it for me the week after. so i wait a week and call the place up and the guy tells me he still doesnt have them in and he'd call me back when they get em. so at this point im a little agitated so i decided to use my money to work on my system instead of waiting for these damn things
That's typical of most of the shops around here too. You weren't looking to spend a grand on new wheels or tires so the guy forgot all about you and moved on to bigger and better things.

I wonder if Racing Hart would do anything for you?
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:47 AM   #16
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
nah i called up dazz motorsports and they gave me a number for a distributor, then they gave me a couple of numbers for some shops and thats the only one that would help me out. i still have a 30 dollar deposit i made so im still entitled to getting them.

also, i dunno if any of you guys do this, but if a passenger is pissing me off i usually take all the bumps and dips on the passenger side of the car
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM   #17
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally posted by mastadulog
nah i called up dazz motorsports and they gave me a number for a distributor, then they gave me a couple of numbers for some shops and thats the only one that would help me out. i still have a 30 dollar deposit i made so im still entitled to getting them.

also, i dunno if any of you guys do this, but if a passenger is pissing me off i usually take all the bumps and dips on the passenger side of the car
Naww, I just make quick left turns and slam their heads into the passenger door window.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2004, 06:30 PM   #18
bryan <3's bomex
 
mastadulog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,071
hahaha im gonna try that
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:09 AM   #19
the Lost Sol
 
KhanhCord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SolCal
Posts: 2,198
Send a message via AIM to KhanhCord
damn same thing is happening to me. i ordered the f*cking WW lip like 2 months ago or so and still got nothing. They kept saying the WWs people are having back order problems. And kept telling me to call back next week and next week and next...etc..*sigh* so i've been driving around w/o the freaking front kit. its not bad but it'd be much better w/ the front. Stupid me i paid all the money at once.
KhanhCord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:12 AM   #20
Q
 
accord6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: treehouse
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally posted by Gallo
Naww, I just make quick left turns and slam their heads into the passenger door window.
ouchhh, i hope their head is hard enough to withstand the impact haha
accord6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2004, 02:29 PM   #21
Large Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally posted by accord6
ouchhh, i hope their head is hard enough to withstand the impact haha
You should hear the beautiful sound of two heads banging into the front AND back windows simultaneously.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On