How much should I drop my car? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:22 PM   #1

How much should I drop my car?

Well, I've been pretty much convinced not to buy the $100 coilovers sold on ebay so I'm looking for a set of cheap or used springs. I'm not sure how much to lower the car, here are the stipulations:
Car will have 18's and a body kit
Car will have factory shocks which will probably be dead in a month or two.
Don't need a super comfortable ride, will only have the car a couple months.
Looking to lessen the wheel gap but don't need the front of the car 2" off the ground.

Thanks everybody.
jamal-188 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2003, 05:01 PM   #2

Eibach Pro-Kits are probably your best bet
DaRude1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:27 AM   #3
bryan <3's bomex

how much are the pro-kits?
photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 2nd, 2003, 08:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by DaRude1 on June 2nd, 2003 at 12:01 AM

Eibach Pro-Kits are probably your best bet
How much do they lower it, anybody have pics of cars w/ 18's and lowered so I can judge what springs I want?
jamal-188 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:14 AM   #5

There is a pro-kit thread going on currently.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...8733#post38733

The best price I found for the Pro-kit was through Toby (Ei-ccord). He works for Eibach and I bought a new Pro-kit from him for $160.
If you are SoCal local, you can also have him do the install for $60, otherwise I am sure if you pay for shipping, he will ship 'em out to ya.
Not sure about cost of other Eibach stuff, but I am sure he can get a damn good deal on that as well.
CAV6'er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:37 AM   #6

yeah Toby (Ei-ccord) is definitely the guy to go through for anything Eibach
cool guy, easy to work with and well trusted
plus he gets the springs at price
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by jamal-188 on June 2nd, 2003 at 10:31 AM

How much do they lower it, anybody have pics of cars w/ 18's and lowered so I can judge what springs I want?
1.5"...so given some time it will settle down a lil lower, plus you're going on stock shocks
Old June 2nd, 2003, 11:57 AM   #8

get sportlines!! unless you getting a kit get sportlines rides smooth and handles better than pro-kit
omega c9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 06:56 PM   #9

pro kit is not low enough
supasloracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 07:17 PM   #10

so can you go on stock shocks with a prokit? since it's only a 1.5" drop?
EnvyJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 3rd, 2003, 07:20 PM   #11

yup
omega c9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2003, 12:19 AM   #12

If you're going to only keep the car a few months, then why are you dumping money for a body kit, rims, and springs? Thats just a waist of money, and what you put into your car will only add 1/4 of how much you spent modifying your car to the total sales price.

Also, nothing against used springs, but why would you spend so much on rims and a kit to get used or cheap springs? Might as well get NEW and QUALITY springs. For 18'' i recommend the Eibach Prokits that do a 1.4'' drop front and back. I gaurantee you they will not sag over time. I dont care who says Neuspeed Sportlines are good, but do not waist your money on them. NightOwl had them and said they sucked. My friends own a performance shop and tell me they definatly sag over time (instead of their 1.75'' drop its really close to 2'' over a year). Not to mention the neuspeed sportlines are horrible at ride comfort. Your probably already going to have to get a camber kit b/c of your 18'' wheels alone. Eibachs will make your ride more comfy (closer to stock springs then anything else) and will lower your wheel gap enough for 18''s. You also dont really have to worry about upgrading your shocks unless you want too. If you want shocks, i recommend Koni Yellows (they go great with the prokits) , or if you're tight on money Tokiko Blues are fine. If you drop low with 18''s then you better have some thin tires or else you better get used to hearing the tire rub up against the fender wall when you turn or have people sitting in the back seats.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in