Wheel Size - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #1

Wheel Size

I am looking at getting some summer rims and tires for my car to update the look from the wheels I already have had for a long time.

I curently have 205/55 P3000 Cinturato all season tires with 15" Technomagnesio Rims. I would like to get either 17" or 18" rims. (not sure what style but i have a few in mind)

Questions:

Will 225's have any clearence issues with them being a good amount wider then 205's?

Is it easier to get 17's or 18's dealing with tires?

Average how much more do you have to pay for 18's rather then get 17's?
Powder11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #2
bryan <3's bomex

i have 225's right now. no clearance issues, but wheel offset is more important in determining this. im running a +42 offset. 18's are usually 200-400 as a wheel and tire package.

in the 2nd question, what do u mean?
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #3

I heard tires for 17's were easier to come by then 18's is this true?

How exactly do I know what wheel offset i need?

And also if im lowering my car is it a good idea to also change the camber kits as well or is that just extra work thats not needed?

Old April 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder11
I heard tires for 17's were easier to come by then 18's is this true?

How exactly do I know what wheel offset i need?

And also if im lowering my car is it a good idea to also change the camber kits as well or is that just extra work thats not needed?
Powder,

Go to Tirerack.com and do some playing around. You can see what size wheels and tires will fit your car. I believe they even show a 19" wheel and tire combo that'll fit our car. 18's are no harder to get than 17's. Nowadays, if your not riding on dubs, your old school.

Oh, and get camber kits for the front and back if you plan on lowering your car. I did and my tires have worn perfectly.

By the way, welcome to the forums. I see you've only posted a few times now so I assume your a newbie. Welcome!

Last edited by Gallo; April 5th, 2005 at 11:58 AM..
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo
Powder,

Go to Tirerack.com and do some playing around. You can see what size wheels and tires will fit your car. I believe they even show a 19" wheel and tire combo that'll fit our car. 18's are no harder to get than 17's. Nowadays, if your not riding on dubs, your old school.

Oh, and get camber kits for the front and back if you plan on lowering your car. I did and my tires have worn perfectly.

By the way, welcome to the forums. I see you've only posted a few times now so I assume your a newbie. Welcome!
I have went to tirerack many times but the wheels they have just dont appeal to me that much. So pretty much anything 18x7.5 is going to have no probelms with clearence, am i right? And as far as camber kits what do you recomend and who is a good brand to buy that will be reliable and easy to install myself with the help of a family friend onf mine who was a mechanic and has the nessesary tools to do suspension work.

And yes thank you I am a new memeber of this sight and I havnt really got into my car as much as i would like to in the future b/c well I didnt have the money that I am beggining to get now. I have been a member of a Porsche Forum for years now b/c those cars are one of my passions as my father and I have loved them since driving on the autobahn in a 993 Porsche Targa in germany.
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #6
bryan <3's bomex

anything with an offset of 40 or more will be good. you can go as wide as 8" but wider than that youll probably need to have your fenders rolled
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in