sound from back right side HELP! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #1

Exclamation sound from back right side HELP!

I just got my car back from getting painted and havin alginment done. There is a wierd sound coming from the back right or front right side of the car i can't tell. Somone said it might be something with a wheel bearing. It almost sound like the wheel is scraping the fender. Anyone know what it is?
c-murda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #2

It could be the wheel bearing. Jack the car up and try to wiggle the wheel. If it wiggles, then it's your bearing. Also check out your tires and tight up the lug nuts. My car was making noise from the rear. I just needed new tires.
Som95ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #3

i agree with SOM...might be the bearings. I would suggest tightening the lug nuts first before you wiggle it. Then if it wiggles you definitely know it's the bearings
kaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 7th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #4

Alright i will give it a shot. I first will tighten the lug nuts up and then jack the car and and beat the **** out of it...woah sorry got carried away... i just jack the car up and give a it a lil wiggle!

thanks
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
let us know if it moves
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #6
JB4 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-murda
Alright i will give it a shot. I first will tighten the lug nuts up and then jack the car and and beat the **** out of it...woah sorry got carried away... i just jack the car up and give a it a lil wiggle!
Be careful it might fall apart even more...
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-murda

thanks
is that cuz the wheels get stuck? when I was changing wheels one I had a lot of trouble getting the wheel off, it wouldnt budge.
Tekron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #8

i had the same problem, a little corrosion will bond the wheel to where it touches the inside part of the brake rotor, a tap on the tire with a mallet will knock it off. also if you want you can put a thin film of grease on the inside of the wheel (you'll see lines where in touches the rotor), it works like a charm
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #9

Yes the wheel's bearing needed to be re-packed. The front right wheel bearing was loosened somehow causing the car to make the god awful noise.
Old October 29th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to vfxraven19 Send a message via MSN to vfxraven19
both front wheel bearings got bad on mine to the point where the mechanic is having a hard time removing the old ones. The old ones have expanded/worn out so much that it's frozen. He doesn't have the equipment at his shop to remove the old ones, but hopefully, by monday, he can get the old ones out and new ones in. In the meantime, I am driving an '06 Sienna.... I sure do miss my Accord

*update* I got my car back last night. Sure is a lot quieter, and the ride is so much smoother.

Last edited by vfxraven19; October 31st, 2006 at 01:58 PM..
vfxraven19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #11

funny tid bit, when the wheel bearing was going out on my 89 Legend Coupe, my friend said it reminded him of a pod racer from star wars.
d0nny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #12

i love tid bits...i think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in