I lowered my ride... Finally! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 5TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1994-1997) > 5G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #1

Talking I lowered my ride... Finally!

Well it has been a long road traveled but I am done. I lowered my car with and Eibach Pro-Kit and KYB GR-2's. Who ever said that this was easy must of had some air tools and a lift because this was not very easy. My hands are killin' me right now, I can barely type this up.

I went from a 4 finger cap in the front to a 2 finger gap. I will take some pictures and post them as soon I as get them taken. I will also let you know how she drives when I do that later on today.

Thanks to everyone on the board that helped me decide what to get to drop my ride with!
Soelknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #2

hhahah thats cool... how hard was it? I'm exited to see pics.
Tekron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 13th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #3

Congrads! car must handle great. im about to do the same but im getting kyb agx shocks. Question did you need to cut the bump stops or not
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 13th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #4
bryan <3's bomex

need pics!
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #5

So... The reason picks are not up is because uhhh.... Yah my car totally crapped out on my in a suspension sort of way. Apperently my CV Boots where crap in the front and the rear sway bar was damaged somehow during installation. Long story short I am paying out my *** to fix it. It should be done tonight I hope or tomorrow... Dang I hate stuff like this. Everything that has to do with suspension should say "CAUTION"... I will get the pics as soon as I get my ride back from the shop. It better handle like a dream!!!!!! Thats all I have to say!

I did not cut the bump stops... It was like millimeters so I didn't think it would bother it. So, anyone else have an idea about this one? That is a great question! The Eibach spring installation says to do that, anyone? ::shrug::
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #6
bryan <3's bomex

i told my boy to cut the bump stops when he put in my springs, hopefully he did
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #7

i cut my bump stops and it rides great except for that strut on the rear right. i called today and the company is sending me a replacement, hopefully that fixes my problem, has anyone else received a defective strut from kyb?
Bash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #8

So I got the car back from the shop and the shop guy said that you should not cut the bump stop. So mine is not cut. I noticed driving my ride home that it is not very bouncy but not very stiff. Seems like a decent combination. The back went down to 1 finger gap and the front is at 2 fingers. I am not sure if that is normal with the Pro-kit but it was a tad odd. The back now needs some new camber bolts because it is like 1.3 degress off when it should be about .8 so I dunno what to do about that. They said they could do it for 80-100 bucks. Anyway I will post pics as soon as I get the camera from my sisters place tonight. Then you all can see it!
Old August 18th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #9

Talking Finally the pictures are here!

Last edited by Soelknight; August 18th, 2005 at 02:39 AM..
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #10

doesn't look dropped that much.... especially in the front... doesn't look bad though I don't think
Tekron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #11

I know that is what I thought.
Then I looked at Mastadulog's ride and it has the same kinda deal with the front being higher than the back, so I assume it is normal with a Pro-Kit.

Does anyone with my similar drop need the camber adjusted in the rear? Seems crazy to me.

Something I noticed yesterday is that when I go about 60mph I am getting a *woosh* *woosh* sound coming from the front right. I have always gotten this noise, not sure if it is normal or my tires. I had both CV boots replaced. Its been aligned. I dont know what it could be.
Old August 19th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #12
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekron
doesn't look dropped that much.... especially in the front... doesn't look bad though I don't think
That's normal with the Pro-Kits. Mine is the same way. It'll settle a bit over time but the front will always look taller than the back.
Gallo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #13

if u want ur tires to last you should get a camber kit...iam gettin all my suspension tommoro hopefully i got some agx's, skunk2 coilovers and ingall front camber kit...oh yea dont forget about the washer trick in the for the rear to change the camber. so all you would need is a front camber kit..
qikslvr537 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #14
bryan <3's bomex

watch out for those deep concaves in the road, i bottomed out today and cracked my oil pan
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #15

o now that SUCKS
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 27th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #16
bryan <3's bomex

yea, i got it fixed now so its all good. just gotta be careful
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #17

Yo whats this washer trick in the rear to change the camber. so all you would need is a front camber kit.....qikslvr537? How many washers do you need ? and what size washers? and whats a good camber kit to get?

-b-
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:48 PM   #18

i got the ingalls front camber kit....this can explain it better man http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...r+camber+trick
qikslvr537 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #19

Thanks man!
Old September 27th, 2005, 11:18 PM   #20

So I went to have my rear camber adjusted and the mechanic said why do you want to do that? I said cause it would eat my tires up faster. He said well it is not that important because BMWs come stock that way and that it would be around 400 to have it done. So I am at a lost here. Should I adjust my camber when it is only about 1 degree off or is it not worth it? It has been about a month now. I know there is some people here that have my exact drop, did you guys get the rear camber adjusted? Maybe know of a cheap place to get new rear camber adjustments? Any help I would appreciate. Thanks!
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #21
bryan <3's bomex

all i got was an alignment, no camber kit here
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadulog
all i got was an alignment, no camber kit here
Yeah exactly what set up do you have???? I love the first few pics in your gallery. And the one titled rims4 the front looks like it is droped more then the rear. It doesnt look like the Tokico and Eibach set up but am i wrong?
Powder11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #23
bryan <3's bomex

eibach pro-kit/ tokico illuminas

thanks for the compliments, as far as the rims4 pic is concerned, the reason my front looks lower is my driveway is at a slant. on a flat surface my rear is actually lower than the front
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #24

Ever heard of B&G Sport Suspension????

Are they any good? I went to a local performance shop and was looking at some of the little fliers and they had one for B&G Sport suspension.......would it be a good replacment or just get the Eibach Pro-kit
Powder11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in