Accord V6 Forum banner

DIY Exhaust mod

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  kramer2k 
#1 ·
Has anyone here removed one of the mufflers off the rear of the exhaust so that only one pipe is showing. I did it and the sound gains are VERY noticeable.
Don't know about power but any 6 speeder should try it if you dont have a catback yet. Just wanted some feedback on the effects of doing this mod. :D :D

#3 ·
yea im confused too as to what you are saying.......and how is this a DIY........when I took my exhaust off it was all one piece so I dont see how it could be done without some cutting and welding if in fact you did remove one of the mufflers after the Y pipe....and if this is in fact what you did did you just leave a hole in the bumper where the exhaust was supposed to come out....i figure it would make it look like something was wrong with your exhaust having holes for two tips and only seeing one........

#4 ·
Everything is one piece from the cat back except the left muffler, of course you would notice a sound difference because there is no muffler on the left side! I dont think this would do much performance wise. But some do actually get custom single exhaust on their v6's dont know if there is much of a performance gain, but i think dual looks alot better.

#6 ·
I think that just takes away from it being a V6 with the nice dual tips.....if you are looking for sound get a custom straight pipe from the cat to the y-pipe ( no resonators ) and then get a good set of mufflers, comptech, apex'i, something that is good quality and you will get good sound....i have the borla catback system and had the two resonators between the Y and the cat cut out and it is a great tone now....but i wouldn't trade my dual exits for anything.....i think it sets the car off from all the rest

#7 ·
I had unbolted the left muffler when I was at my friends house one day. YOu can only unbolt the left seeing as the right muffler is attached to the rest of the piping. When I took it off, I was thinking along the lines of SLEEPER accord. The haters would be like "Hey that accord only gots one pipe coming out, let me try and smoke it!" And the look on their faces when all they can see is my liscence plate getting smaller and smaller: priceless. :D
Ohh the sound is really nice too. Its great for all of us who are still saving up for our greddy evo 2's. Just my 2 cents. :cool:

#10 ·
I already put the muffler back on today.. Wow can none of you appreciate UNIQUENESS..? A v6spd disguised as a i4=fun
Anyways it was a little ghetto setup but the point of the matter is you can DIY..The performance gain i felt from it was more in the top end near 4,500 rpm range..WOW... Wot a difference.. whether or not you want to, is up to you to decide. And no it didnt look that bad with just one muffler, but thats my opinion.

#11 ·
i love my duals...i wouldn't trade it up for a single ever! they are sexy...

i would only trade it up for a single if there was ever big performance gains, besides that, dual exhaust on our cars rock!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.