Accord V6 Forum banner

Comptech Exhaust and AEM V2 are in da house!

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  LIL TANE 
#1 ·
Finally decided to jump ship and get the AEM V2! Couldn't wait any longer for the Comptech Icebox. Yeah...this is probably the bazillionth time someone posted a pic of the V2...but so what! I'm happy!!!! :banana2:

Initial impressions: feels a little bit more torquey, revs very smooth (I get to 6500 rpms like that!), has that growl everyone's been telling me about...and oh the sound. Wow! I'm in love again! Might as well throw away my stereo cuz I aint listening to it no more! :D

OK...that's it! I'm done modding my car for the last time! ;)

See less See more
#4 ·
*tear* so beautiful....

knew you were gonna love it.

Gotta post some sound clips with that combo, would love to hear it.

Enjoy it, oh and good one "done modding for the last time"....Like I haven't heard that a million times before.

#5 ·
Hey Flyvtec, since you just installed your V2 can you tell me if they have a CARB # on them yet? It looks like there is a sticker on it but can't tell.

Thanks,
Scott

#6 ·
I did mine last week with the power booster option added. I can't believe the growling sound the engine produces and my butt dyno is amazed! Did anyone notice at lower rpms there is a slight whine sound like a turbo? It's almost a slight squeal/whine. I actually like it and a couple of my passengers have asked me if I had a turbo. SWEET! latr,Craig

#7 ·
Forgot to add this. Does anyone else besides me think the foil V2 sticker (and yes I know it's their V2 trademark) on the pipe look kinda gay? I'm thinking about removing it and putting on one of the AEM stickers. (I think this cut down in weight will get me another 1-2 HP) HA!

#8 ·
SweetMt6speed said:
Forgot to add this. Does anyone else besides me think the foil V2 sticker (and yes I know it's their V2 trademark) on the pipe look kinda gay? I'm thinking about removing it and putting on one of the AEM stickers. (I think this cut down in weight will get me another 1-2 HP) HA!

Ya drew (sick6speed) took the sticker off...looks much better...

#9 ·
Scott Si said:
Hey Flyvtec, since you just installed your V2 can you tell me if they have a CARB # on them yet? It looks like there is a sticker on it but can't tell.

Thanks,
Scott
Hey Scott...here is the link re: CARB:

http://www.aempower.com/faq.asp?fid=19&sid=4&tid=

According to the installation intructions that came with the V2, it states the following:

"2003 Honda Accord 3.0L C.A.R.B. E.O. #Pending - V2 Cold Air Intake Systems that are pending CARB approval are illegal in California except on racing vehicles which may never be used on public highways"

The silver sticker that you see is a warning not to drive in deep puddles and also has the company address and part number of the intake.

Now that I've researched all that...I guess I have an illegal intake. Uh oh! ;)

#10 · (Edited)
SweetMt6speed said:
Nah...I think it looks ok. But then again I kinda like the charcoal grey AEM sticker that came with the instruction manual so maybe removing the V2 sticker and putting on that AEM sticker will give us another 10 hp! :laugh:

#11 ·
AWESOME, I got my V2 last saturday and it is AWESOME, whatta rumble, yea i heard that whistle-like noise from it too, I thought something might of been wrong w/ it kuz no one else had mentioned it but now that someone did, I guess im okay... my V2 logo is UPSIDE DOWN!!! :cry: , I guess imma HAVE to take it off, it looks retarded! (what should I use tho?) ill prob slap on one of my two AEM stickers that came w/ it, and cross my finger for at least 5 more HP...but yea the V2 is GRRREAT

#12 ·
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
AWESOME, I got my V2 last saturday and it is AWESOME, whatta rumble, yea i heard that whistle-like noise from it too, I thought something might of been wrong w/ it kuz no one else had mentioned it but now that someone did, I guess im okay... my V2 logo is UPSIDE DOWN!!! :cry: , I guess imma HAVE to take it off, it looks retarded! (what should I use tho?) ill prob slap on one of my two AEM stickers that came w/ it, and cross my finger for at least 5 more HP...but yea the V2 is GRRREAT
Yup, thats just like mine. My sticker looked a little crooked so I just peeled it off and applied two (2) AEM stickers. ( each sticker is good for 5 extra HP from what I've heard) :up: I will take a couple of pictures and include it in an upcoming post. I also just have to say, I'm also addicted to the growl that's now coming from my engine bay! I'm sure I'll probably get a speeding ticket soon. :banana2: Latr, Craig

#13 ·
congrats on your V2, I have a V2 on my 6th gen AV6 and I have a quick question about the humm. Has anyone ever heard the hum of the v2 on the 6th gen? I think its very loud at times and drones badly, can anyone compare the hum of the 7th gen to the 6th gen? I made threads before but no one likes me and no one replies =\

#14 ·
I'll reply Peemp! :D

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the V2 hum on a 6th. So sorry bout that.

One thing I do notice is that when I decelarate to a stop...I can hear the V2 winding down a little bit...can't really describe the sound but it's a nice sound. The original AEM intake that I had in my Prelude would let out a "whoosh" sound when I turned off the engine. I was thinking that the V2 would make this sound too when I turned her off but it doesn't.

Anyway...I'm just ramblin on. I've had the V2 for 3 days now and I LOVE how it sounds when you get on it. That growl is addicting...especially with the windows open! But I don't think it is very loud at all (just right for my ears) and the droning that I had with just the exhaust at 2500 rpms has pretty much turned into a deep humm. Maybe it will change later but right now, the sound with the intake and exhaust is perfecto for me! The hummm is deeeep!

#15 ·
I get a little goodbye from MY V2... its a short little whoosh and then the sound of like putting a cap on it as if it closes itself... sounds crazy good. Everything about this thing is awesome, 'cept the fact that my sticker is upside down :( but its fixable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.