Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums - View Single Post - 2006 Hyundai Sonata
View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #18
TH23
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie
New 2006 Hyundai Sonata Pricing Announced
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., April 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai Motor America
has announced pricing for the all-new 2006 Sonata, Hyundai's best-selling model. The first 2006 Sonata rolled off the production line in March at Hyundai's all-new manufacturing plant in Montgomery, Ala.

The 2006 Hyundai Sonata is an all-new vehicle featuring refined and
sophisticated styling, all-new powertrains, class-leading standard safety
features including six airbags and segment-first standard Electronic Stability Control, and an interior package so roomy its U.S. government size classification is "large car," slotting it a class above Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

"We're proud of the value equation we've engineered into the all-new
Sonata, with pricing that is $2,000 to $4,000 below comparably equipped
mid-size competitors," said Robert F. Cosmai, President and CEO of Hyundai Motor America.

2006 Hyundai Sonata Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing:
Sonata GL 4-cyl, 5-speed manual $17,895
Sonata GL 4-cyl, 4-speed SHIFTRONIC A/T $18,795
Sonata GLS 4-cyl, 4-speed SHIFTRONIC A/T $19,395
Sonata GLS 3.3-liter V6, 5-speed SHIFTRONIC A/T $20,895
Sonata LX 3.3-liter V6, 5-speed SHIFTRONIC A/T $22,895
The destination charge is $600.

Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif. is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai cars and sport utility vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced by more than 650 Hyundai dealerships nationwide.

I don't post on this board, but I look at the threads everyday. I just thought y'all would like to see some prices for this new sedan. With these prices, one has to consider this car over the Accord. I know Honda has excellent quality (which is why I own one), but according to Consumer Reports, the previous generaation Sonata has better reliability than the Accord. This is a car that is on my list of test drives this summer when I am off from the Academy for a while.

-Steve
Great info. Thanks!

Wow, you can get a well-equipped V6 model for under $21k, without destination. That's a few grand cheaper than a comparatively-equipped Accord LX V6. Good deal!
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote