Accord V6 Forum banner

blaster coil

2K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  roosplash 
#1 ·
where is it? i bought an msd blaster and am clueless to where the stock one is. and should i wait a few days for my ngk wires to come in before i put the blaster coil on?

#6 ·
cranberynvodka said:
is there any way i can get a longer wire from the distributer to the coil??
If you can get it close to the original position you can use the stock coil wire.

So where did you finally find your coil at?

#9 ·
cranberynvodka said:
it was right underneath the distributer just follow the middle wire on the distributer and it leads to the ignition coil. .
I know where the stock coil is, I was asking where did you finally find the MSD coil? You said Autozone didnt have it.

#12 · (Edited)
I wish I had the time to make all you guys the bracket I made. It takes time to roll the diameter on the bracket. I work 10 hour shifts and only have 1/2 hr. lunches. Best I could do is make them as time allows then offer them up as they are made. Please understand I cant take orders.... Ill make one, offer it up first come first serve....make another, then offer it up, etc. etc. If you guys want them... as a favor to the little loved 5th genners and V6P.net the cost to each of you will be $0.00 all I ask is for each of you to cover the shipping charges and be patient for me to make them.

If there is any interest, post up and let me know.... Ill post as each one is done and ready to be offered. Ill try to make one this week to take a picture so you guys can see what it looks like by itself w/o the coil... and by the way, I hope guys saved the mounting bolts from the original coil.......you will need two of them!

#17 ·
I mounted mine to the side of the battery casing
it's very strong and thick plastic
I just moved out the battery
positioned it where I wanted and drilled a hole then black tie wrapped the MSD bracket to the casing

#18 · (Edited)
cowgodv6 said:
I mounted mine to the side of the battery casing
it's very strong and thick plastic
I just moved out the battery
positioned it where I wanted and drilled a hole then black tie wrapped the MSD bracket to the casing
Do you like where it is mounted?

By the way guys... as long as time allows those three brackets will be done this weekend and ready to ship on a first come first serve basis. Ill post pics when they are complete!

#19 ·
roosplash said:
Do you like where it is mounted?

By the way guys... as long as time allows those three brackets will be done this weekend and ready to ship on a first come first serve basis. Ill post pics when they are complete!

it doesn't bother me where it is
I'd love to clear out more room in my engine bay ;)

#25 ·
Here we go again...kaos has requested another bracket. So I need to make more. Same as befor fellas, give me another couple of weeks and Ill make a few more. Same rules apply, when they are finished, Ill post up and the first mailing address I recieve in my Pm box will get them
In case anyone was wondering the first three bracket went to the upper east coast and only cost $2.21 to ship. So the cost to you really isnt that much for what you are getting.

On a side note thanks go out to you guys who recieved the first run of brackets and paid more than the shipping cost for them. I appreciate it very much. Thank you for having my back!! :up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.