Accord V6 Forum banner

where to buy brake pads and rotors?

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  JSON 
#1 ·
My car was recently repaired after having the vibration/shudder issue. They turned the rotors for me, but I fear that this will surface again in the future. While seraching for the vibration issue, I couldn't find much on WHERE you guys are buying aftermarket rotors and pads for the best price.

I saw a few posts that Powerslot and Brembo were good choices and that Hawk pads were good; however, I never really saw more than one place where people bought them and that was the Tirerack. Good people, but overpriced for brakes. I also noticed the rotors on this site that were for sale for $176. Any comments on those?

Our car is driven to and from work everyday and on the occassional trip. No racing, etc. Family car. What type of rotors and pads would you put on the car to avoid warping and possibly increase braking power/lower stopping distances and maybe even reduce brake dust?

Thanks in advance!
Shumax

#2 ·
if your not looking for performance just get a good set of brembo blanks...no drilled and slotted since those that are aren't drilled and slotted by brembo....thos are a high quality rotor and the plain ones arent nearly as expensive as the drilled/slotted rotors and sound as tho it will suit your purpose just fine...

#3 ·
smokin6speed said:
if your not looking for performance just get a good set of brembo blanks...no drilled and slotted since those that are aren't drilled and slotted by brembo....thos are a high quality rotor and the plain ones arent nearly as expensive as the drilled/slotted rotors and sound as tho it will suit your purpose just fine...

Sounds good. Where can I buy them for the best price, shipped? Thanks!

#9 ·
Shumax said:
My car was recently repaired after having the vibration/shudder issue.

Our car is driven to and from work everyday and on the occassional trip. No racing, etc. Family car. What type of rotors and pads would you put on the car to avoid warping and possibly increase braking power/lower stopping distances and maybe even reduce brake dust?
I would say the repair done by the dealer is sufficient. They turn the rotors and replace the pads with a newer brake pad that is more heat resistant and will not warp the rotor surface.

For myself, I'm waiting till I near the end of my warranty (I'm at 30K now) and then report the brake shudder/vibration issue per the TSB (my car only has minor shuddering from 70-40mph under moderate to hard braking) ... this way I get a free replacement of brake pads .. thee .. hee .. hee .. :D

#13 ·
how much is avg. install price for front brake pads?

#15 ·
0430Steve said:
pads are something most could do on a saturday morning in the driveway. don't have time or tools?
nope :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.