Accord V6 Forum banner

Show off your engine bay.

31K views 172 replies 60 participants last post by  blkv6 
#1 ·
Yeah, saw this on the 7th gens forum and figured we can do it too :D lol. So show off your I4's 6th gen peeps. Lets see what kind of stuff you got under the hood. Whether its wild or mild, stock or swapped. Let's see it.

Here are a few shots of mine.

See less See more
#113 ·
so i got to workin on my tuck today. it actually went REALLY well for not having the engine out and all that. so far, ive got the alternator wires tucked away, ive spliced and cut appart the headlight and ABS harness on the right side of the bay, and i now have it running down under the car, inside the wheel well (yes it is safely secured away from any steering or brake components) and i have started on extending wires. im going to make a new ground for all the headlights and the washer motor, as well as the ABS stuff. so far, its going great!! i also messed with all the wiring for my fan relays and temp sensor, which is also now hidden. i even went to the exten of running my washer hose thru the back of the fender, and up through a hole, to the hood. it looks danksauce already, and i cant wait to get it even nicer. im pretty sure im going to sorta paint the engine bay a little. i bought some silver engine enamel to coat up all the holes that i take bolts out of, and to prevent rust, so im most likely gonna go ahead and just spray everything that looks nasty, after cleaning the grease off of course. tonight, im going to redo the 12 wire or whatever, ABS harness, which i need to extend about... 2 feeet, just to make it back up to the ABS unit. nothing crazy, but i decided that id just do it indoors, since its getting dark, and i was outside for the last 5 hours or so messin around under the hood. all in all, im EXTREMELY pleased with how its going. the bay already looks 100x better. i cant wait to get it done. i figure, about 2 more days of work, couple of hours a day, and ill be done. there are odd wires here and there that i wanna clean up, but most are easy to do with just the bumper off and the wheels turned, so im not worried about that. the best thing is the right harness is totally out of sight. now, i gotta find a home for my injector box, which luckily i ran with nearly 2 feet of extra wire, so i have ample space to place it now. im most likely gonna just bolt it behind the wheel well or somethin, just outta the way, but still under the hood, and unexposed.

and yes, i will have pictures tomorrow :p :p

its too dark now to get good ones, and i didnt feel like getting my camera all dirty.

man, s1n1ster, thanks for havin a ballin ass engine bay, to make me want to do this after... 3 years of planning to get to it!!! i seriously cant sttress how awesome its lookin, and soon enough, it will be about as good as i can get it with all the components im running.

mannnn, its so good to be back under the hood, i havent worked on the car in near 2 years, and its great to be back!

#115 ·
yes man you do need to take pics and info! I was just saying how our bays are very clutterd with the ABS,cruise..ect ect..
I have never used my cruise control the 3+years iv owned my car..ha

#118 ·
well, theres no real DIY guide that i can really make, since a lot of it is personal preference, and also, we all have different things taht are wired up, in different ways. my car is already pretty different, since i am obd1 and have removed a lot of junk already. however, ill post as many pictures of where i moved the wires to as i can, and hopefully from that alone, you guyswill be able to see what exactly needs doing. ill have some tomorrow for sure, since i just finnished making my ABS pump 9 pin harness, which came out reall nice, and will give me 2.5 feet to play with when i go to hook it up.

#120 ·
so... i promised pictures, but today was the first day in nearly 2 weeks, and i worked pretty much up til dusk. so unfortunately, yall gonna need to wait til tomorrow to see this stufF!!!

however, i got the ABS harness done, i got my grounds DONE, i got the entire right side harness DONE. im gonna have to drill a whole or two to make space to run some zip ties just to keep the bulk of the wires against the inner fender well, just to protect them from hitting the wheel. other than that, everything is secured. the headlight wiring was pretty easy, although it got confusing at times, it still worked out great. i really need to jump the car and get some power so i can test stuff as i go, although, since im only cutting and extending wires, and im using crimp connectors and doing it all very carefully, im not worried about anything being shorted etc. only thing im concerned is if my grounds are good enough. i upgraded nearly all the ground wires for the lights and other stuff from like the original 20 gauge factory, to like 16/18 gauge, so im hoping that will be a good way to make sure my grounds are adequate. as far as the left harness, im not worried about that too much. there is no abs equipment on that side, so there will be mainly just the headlights to do, and to route the wiring the same way i did on the driver side. right now, im very very pleased with the results, although there are a few little things here and there that i wanna tweak. pretty much, now that this is half done, the wires on the driver side, are easily accessible, without having to splice open giant harnesses. also, i made sure to make it obvious where the connections in the wire are, and to keep them in a central location, so if ever anything does short, or there is a connection problem, i can find it or if all else fails, just run another wire from the stock harness wiring. there is still a lot to be done, and right now, there is one plug which i have yet to work out what it goes to, although i have a feeling its from my cruise control, which i no longer have installed, so providing i make sure of that, ill just snip it off and bundle the excess wiring to the harness. other than that, its all lookin squeeky clean in there. there is still more stuff to be done, and i anticipate another 2 days or so before i can say its completed, but im optomistic that with an early start tomorrow, ill get a lot more done then in the 4 hours i worked on it tonight.

i think most likely, im gonna need more wire, and more electrical tape. i bought a spool of 100 feet tonight, and its going fast! im sure ill be fine though, ive got lots of cuttings that will be fine for several of the extensions.

one thing im still not 100% happy with, is the general amount of stuff in the bay. i know its still WIP, but im really looking into getting rid of more junk. i dont know what else i can take out, or move around, but im gonna work on that. i also bought some polishing compound, a new buffing wheel and a steel brush wheel for my drill, so im gonna be polishing up the manifold, and maybe some other stuff that isnt already polished up. the turbo and the manifold need to be repolished anyway, so most likely, when this is all said and done, the bay is gonna look spotless!!!

i cant wait, and i promise, i will have photos tomorrow, before the sun sets :p

#122 ·
ok, so the pics absolutely suck, and apaprantly, so does the passenger side harness!!

i took it appart, and just stared at it for about 15 minutes thinking how the hell could honda have made such a god awful mess of wiring...

so, after consulting with mr haynes manual, i located about 6-7 wires that didnt even go to anything, or went to things that no longer were in the car... snip snip snip...

so, with all the good stuff isolated, i ran the wiring, redid grounds and then realized... wow, i need to have the ignition signal run to the passenger side, and its wired round the drivers side... this is stupid. so, upon realizing that, i opened up my fan switch wiring and oh goodness... it was a totaly ****in mess. i was so embarassed that id ever wired anything that poorly, but after looking at it objectively, i realized that i now had more motivation to do MORE wiring. so, i took appart the whole fan setup, and had to sort of figure out which wire went to what, which part got the ignition signal, which part was the main power etc etc... but im pretty much certain that i got it right LOL. i guess we will see when i have the battery charged up.

i also cleaned up some other wires here and there, and its lookin pretty messy right now, cause my main engine ground, my main power line and a few other major big wires are unhooked and floating around. i just need to shorten and relocate them. however, its getting there.. slowly but surely. i cant wait to have it done. i need to do some SERIOUS looking at all my previous wiring, as ive found so many mistakes already. i also need to look at the pass side harness, where it splits to the headlight/fan/AC/horn harness, and then the other branch is all the sensors and engine stuff...

cause lookin at it, it was fraying, had exposed wires (not exposed metal, just the individual wires) and a bunch of other stuff that made me unhappy. i also, seem to be having an issue with several plugs... which is that i have no idea where they go. i really need to just sit and read the haynes manual, and find out what sensors the plugs go, or went to. im pretty sure that i dont need any of my temp sensors hooked up, or my fan switch, or my knock sensors, but i want to be 100% before i start snipping off connectors, cause if i could eliminate most of the sensor plugs im not using, or don need to be connected, the bay will be so much cleaner. either way, i can re route and extend them, but i really dont feel like it LOL.

either way, as promised, here are some current photos i took right before it got dark. sorry for the quality, but its all i could really manage to get. bear in mind that its nowhere near done, and that nothing is in its final position, and it will be 100 times better when i am done.

BEFORE:

NOW:

#123 ·
Looks good..I need to relocate my battery..and take off the cruise to open that space up more..interesting. Gj
I dont have my washer bottle fluid anymore..so thats a plus..ha

#170 ·
#138 ·
knOx47: Thanks..i was considering putting some of the plastic pieces back on,,not sure yet. I really didn't like the crowd on 6GA.com....met alot of cool people their but theirs alot of keyboard gangstas over their. like it here better...people seem to have more respect for other peoples hard work. I bought the car brand new back in 2000, only has 23000 miles...so you can tell she's my baby...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.