Ecode theory :) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 12:06 AM   #1
in the Motorcity baby!!!

Send a message via ICQ to mlrtimev6 Send a message via AIM to mlrtimev6 Send a message via MSN to mlrtimev6 Send a message via Yahoo to mlrtimev6
Ecode theory :)

Alright so my car is trashed and all that and I can get parts from germany and I'm wondering.... isn't it possible to just replace the refractor from the E-code lamps into our SAE headlights? I thought of this to resolve the fitment problems we have with the comptech icebox and the leveler. And as a possible cheaper replacement if we could just purchase the relector part (which i partially doubt). Need some input.
mlrtimev6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2003, 11:43 PM   #2
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
more than likely not, because the leveler thing is attached to the lens(reflector), you'd be better off just yanking the motor off, and figuring out another way to hold the lens in place, or one minute you'll be lighting up the road 2 feet in front of the car, and one bump later you'll be blinding passing planes. For the price of E-codes, why not just get a projector retrofit?
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2003, 07:34 AM   #3
in the Motorcity baby!!!

Send a message via ICQ to mlrtimev6 Send a message via AIM to mlrtimev6 Send a message via MSN to mlrtimev6 Send a message via Yahoo to mlrtimev6
hmm i dunno i think all the motor does is electrically adjust that screw. I just purchased a new Honda OEM headlight and ours now come with a bubble (fluid inside glass tube with bubble to level) that can be seen from above even when they are mounted. The housing is now grey. And both bolts that screw into the back of the reflector have been replaced with plastic gears. The plastic gear hightest up has another cog attached to it that spins with it, for what purpose I don't know. Point of the whole story is that our lights now look like E-code light without the motor. Think of it, all they need to do is slap a motor onto that last gear and they have their leveling headlights. I hvaen't seen the beam pattern of this new light and the reflector does look the same as the DOT lamp. But the reflector is what causes the beam pattern of the E-code to look so crisp so I don't see why we just can't get those, possible from a German salvage yard where the headlight is cracked but the reflector is still in good shape.
mlrtimev6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in