undercar light kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:56 AM   #1

undercar light kit

I was thinking about getting some undercar neon or led tubes from street glow but I am concerned as to what kind of warranty would get void on the car if I were to get it. What part of the warranty would you all think they would not cover? I am sure the techs would see it when I take it in for just a basic oil change or for the most minor service. Also, does anyone have them installed yet on their accords?
ucool80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2003, 01:05 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to 2003 Accord V6
JUST IMO underlighting is ricey.
2003 Accord V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:08 AM   #3
say hello to angels..

how would underbody neons void u'r warranty?

i don't think it would...
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 26th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #4

I was thinking maybe the electrical part of the warranty. So how many of ya'll think its ricey to do that? If theres a majority of people who think its ricey im gonna stay away from it.
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:38 AM   #5
paper chase'n.

Quote:
Originally posted by ucool80
I was thinking maybe the electrical part of the warranty. So how many of ya'll think its ricey to do that? If theres a majority of people who think its ricey im gonna stay away from it.
if your ganna ask a question like that on here...every1 will say rice...all i gotta tell you is that its your car so do whut you pleez...if you like it, you think it looks good, then do it...seriously its your car. lol just note: your asking for a "fix it ticket" cuz its not ganna do anything but stand out to a cop...but yea im not sure if it will void any warranty or not...best bet is to call your dealer, it really depends on them...damn i dont know if IM still even coverd by warranty, my **** is hella moded and i bring it to tha dealers for service alot, but they dont really tell me anything execpt how nice it looks
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2003, 02:10 AM   #6

you make a good point about the fix it a ticket. This is starting to just sound like a bad idea, maybe I wont do it. Thanx for the help guys.
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:05 PM   #7

RICE
dekodan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #8

ok ok...LOL i accept bad idea
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:22 PM   #9
AKA brockav6 :)

Send a message via AIM to b rockav66
Imo it aint RICE ...........It looks good, it depends how u do it though, what color kit ur getting and What color car you have...etc.......those play big factors..........Dont listen to other people who dont have anything productive to say
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:27 PM   #10

i was thinking blue, and ive a graphite pearl car. I would only use it when the car is parked. I will get some tubes for under the dash and under the seats. does anyone have under car lights that can put some pictures?
Old October 27th, 2003, 12:15 AM   #11
Eccenpix

UB kit sure look ricey on some but it looks really good on nicely handled clean cars. Two things that keeps me away from the kit is just those annoying cops, and not seeing much point of having it except some people around saying "wow look at that!"

I don't think it will void any factory warranty not even electrical parts, but who knows. I believe you will get better answer from streetglow forum. (You might laugh a lot there, many people on that forum are very ricey )

Btw, you always have to tell service people 'There is UB kit, so becareful with the car'. and I find it pretty annoying since some of them have no clue what the UB neon kits are.
Eccen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2003, 12:26 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to 2003 Accord V6
WEll if u decide to do it, i say go with hyper white or blue and do not set it up where u can actually see the tubes.
2003 Accord V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 27th, 2003, 12:39 AM   #13

im not sure about it at all right now. But it seems like most ricers normally do that stuff. I want my car clean and anything but ricey. I'll ask my tech and see what he has to say about it.
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:47 PM   #14
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
I had blue under the door sills that lit up only when the dome light was on, so when I disarmed the alarm and the dome light supervision came on, it would light a path for you, or when you opened the doors, you had a nice glow lighting up the ground but one cracked, so I got pissed off and took them both off. They matched perfect with the rest of my blue toys.

Anyhow, for anything to void your warranty the dealer must prove that your mod caused the problem. They can't void any warranty unless they can prove it. Like if you put springs on and your shocks die, it's a pretty good bet that your springs caused it, so they can void the warranty on the shocks, and NOTHING ELSE, barring that the springs don't cause other damager. If you install different headlight bulbs, or add a light here or there they can't do a damn thing, unless they can prove that your toys caused the problem.

Just one warning though, especially with red or blue. DO NOT DRIVE AROUND WITH THEM ON. If the cop want's to be a real penis, it's breaking a federal law, illegal display of emergency colors, and it's a painful fine.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:04 AM   #15

that sounds good, connect it with the dome light switch. hmm thats something to think about. Id only do led tubes they are warrantied against breakage so i hope i wont have that problem that you did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in