Reciever - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #1

Reciever

i have this new alpine reciever with a built in V-Drive amplifier. I was wondering if my audio system could work out. I wanted to hook up this reciever to my mid-range speakers which has 200 watts power each. i also wanted to connect my full range to it which are also 200 watts each. I was wondering if i could connect this four speakers to my reciever eventhough my reciever can only put out 60X4 amount of power? Help me out
arkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #2
**** Katrina. RIP Accord.

Send a message via AIM to N.O. Accorderz
you can...most of the time when they rate the watts that the headunit puts out is the max...you will get about 23-25watts max to those speakers...thats enough to get them going...if u want louder go get a 4channel amp...or just a strong 2channel powering the front...get rid of the "mid range speaker" and get a set of components...you'll be much happier...oh and them run the rear speakers off of the headunit...
N.O. Accorderz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2003, 04:53 PM   #3
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
remember, u should always go by RMS, not max
when/if you get an amp, match the rms output to the rms of the speakers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 28th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #4

Reciever

what's the difference between component and midrange speakers?

what makes the components better?

correct me if im wrong but from what i know, the speakers at the back seats are the MID RANGE right?

and the speakers in the front doors are the FULL RANGE?

if i'm going to get components, are they gonna be placed at the front or at the backseats?

the alpine reciever can put out 60watts into 4 speakers

arkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #5
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
Re: Reciever

what's the difference between component and midrange speakers? --- midrange is the frequency band roughly between 200hz-5000hz. Speakers come in 2 way, 3 way or 1 way flavors. 2-way means the speaker can reproduce highs and lows.. .. let's not assume when you read speaker specs of coxials.. ummm for example: Freq. response: 28hz-20,000hz... no way in hell will that coaxial produce that range with high power handling and low distortion... it's just the physical range the mechanical driver can produce.. but may not be heard.. LOL marketing tactic by those sales guys.. 3-way speakers build on this concept.. with an addition of another add-on driver to produce a fuller sound.. yada yada.. 1 way speakers.. mainly subwoofers... midbass drivers.. play a very discrete frequency band...

lastly component speakers.. are 2-way( midwoofer, tweeter with a crossover--to divide the input full audio signal into 2 signals going to the appropriate driver that can handle those frequencies.... 3-way component expand on this idea... with 3 drivers..

what makes the components better?--- mainly the drivers are of better quality and each driver can play it's narrow discrete frequency given by the crossover with better clarity, resolution and lower distortion when raising the volume...

correct me if im wrong but from what i know, the speakers at the back seats are the MID RANGE right?-----NO same type of speakers as the front.. FULL RANGE drivers...

and the speakers in the front doors are the FULL RANGE?---see above

if i'm going to get components, are they gonna be placed at the front or at the backseats?-----you always want your front sound stage to sound the best.. so get the best component speakers you can afford up front.... think of a concert stage.. musicians are up-front.. NOT behind you

the alpine reciever can put out 60watts into 4 speakers---- uh NO... if that was true why the hell are todays amplifiers so big in size?? internal amps have tiny transformers.. cant ventilate.. so the fets cannot work to put out power... hence why pl use EXTERNAL amps... higher output, cooler chassis, low distortion, BIG transformers, caps, etc.....

----- why confusion? welcome to the audio forum
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in