Alpine CDA-7995 require external Amp? what? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #1

Alpine CDA-7995 require external Amp? what?

I dunno nothin about audio, and I have a stock speaker setup right now. I even wanna sell my piece of sh*t accord but my dad just rebuilt the tranny for $3800 so it looks like I'm going to be keeping it for a while. My CD player broke so I want a good headunit to go with Infinit Kappa speakers all around and I plan on buying an amp for them.

My question is, what does it mean that the Alpine CDA-7995 doesn't have an internal amp and you need an external one. What type of amp would I have to buy if I even need one since I'm gonna be amping my speakers. Or do I need to buy a 5 channel amp or something since I plan on buying a 4 channel for kappa speakers all around.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2003, 05:59 PM   #2
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
it means u cannot just hook up the head unit to your wiring harness in the car and get audio. but if u plan on getting an amp for component speakers or whatever, thats all you will need, i dont think you will need 2 amps.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2003, 06:21 PM   #3

so basically if i use the 7995 it just means there will be no power pushing the speakers from the headunit, just means that I will have to buy an amp for them, but the 7995 will work itself just wont hear anything from the speakers.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 29th, 2003, 06:28 PM   #4
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
yup
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #5
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
the headunit does not have an internal amplifier inside of it
so, you cannot directly hookup speaker to the amplifier
what it has, rather than speaker outputs, are line-level outputs, the kind that amplifiers need as an input
you will geta much cleaner signal and speaker sound if you just add an amp to the systen, run RCA's to the amp from the headunit, and power the speakers that way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2003, 07:04 PM   #6

have the same radio in my car. you must have a amp for your speakers. i have a alpine v12 5 channel amp which pushes my whole system. boston acoustics pro 6.5 component set up front, boston acoustics rm 6x9 and jl audio 10w3 with a alpine eq for quality. sounds great.
clean coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in