All-Season Floor Mats - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:42 PM   #1

All-Season Floor Mats

With the rainy season ahead, I was wondering if I should pop for the All Season Rubber Floormats ($80 on h&a) or should I just get a cheaper set at Costco? What do you guys have? Is the OEM set worth it?
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2003, 07:18 AM   #2
Just Another Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tekksun
I have some that I bought from Wal-mart, and they are ok. The fit could be better, but they pretty much do the job. If you have the $$$ I would go with the OEM ones, though. The fit will be perfect, and the quality will probably be better, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----------------------------------------
[OO\\--[H]--//OO]

[O8]==\X/==[8O]

Tekksun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 10:32 AM   #3
Traded 4 wheels for 2...

Send a message via AIM to NauticaV6
Try checking eBay for the mats... I got mine for $30 on eBay a long time ago... Maybe I just got lucky...
NauticaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 6th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #4

Definitely get the OEM ones, they fit perfectly. Usually, OEM winter mat is a must for me whenever I get a new car (you can negotiate a better price at that time). Worth every penny.
goldenrsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #5
8th World Wonder

Yea, the OEM mats are awesome. They have the deep channels in them that can hold alot of water and guck before its spills over.

The fit is not perfect on my coupe, but I think they just made a single set for Sedan and coupe. There is a little ring hole on them to fit where the factory mats go... but they are too short. Not a big deal at all.
GotVtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2003, 05:49 PM   #6
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
they have oem all-weather floor mats? i need some too, last time when it rained and when i got in my car the rug was all muddy and wet
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:17 PM   #7
Deceptively Quick...

I swapped my carpet mats over to the OEM rubber mats last week. I got mine from H and A, they fit well, hold plenty of muck, and are easy to clean.

Satin Silver Exterior w/ Black Leather Interior, OEM Rear Spoiler, Black Diamond Grill-Tech Center Grille, Mud Guards, Cargo Net, and Rubber Mats
SatinStealth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:23 PM   #8
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
how much did you get them for? and do they fit perfectly?
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #9
Deceptively Quick...

You can check current prices on www.handaaccessories.com. As far as fit, they fit my coupe well. The notches are in the right places, allowing the mat to fit around the contours of the footwell and the turnk/gas cap release. You can also check out Monster Mats if you want another option. HTH

Satin Silver Exterior w/ Black Leather Interior, OEM Rear Spoiler, Black Diamond Grill-Tech Center Grille, Mud Guards, Cargo Net, and Rubber Mats
Old November 9th, 2003, 01:39 AM   #10
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I would have bought the all season mats but they don't come with rear mats for the back seats for the 6th gen. I don't think the 7th gen do either.

Quote:
Originally posted by GotVtec on November 6th, 2003 at 03:07 PM

There is a little ring hole on them to fit where the factory mats go... but they are too short. Not a big deal at all.
My car didn't have that anchor thing there when I bought the car. Since my car didn't come with the OEM mats (used car ) I bought some cheap ones.

Then when I bought the OEM ones a few weeks ago off of H&A the anchor came with it. I removed the little flap in the carpet and screwed it in the hole on the metal frame. Its like my car never came with mats which is odd because I thought all EX models got them standard .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #11
AV6 OG

Send a message via AIM to HIREN
only 01-02 models got them standard, us 98-00 owners had to pay for them, it was an option, which is the dumbest thing ive ever heard

floor mats should be standard in any car!!

i didnt want to pay for them and I ended up not having to since they put them in my car anyways without letting the salesman know!

I got weathertech mats on top of my oem mats now, they each hold up to a quart of water!

2004 STi
[email protected]
2010 335d
[email protected]
HIREN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:03 AM   #12

Hparts said that the sedan all-season mats would not fit the '00 coupe. Is this true?
twopu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2003, 03:14 AM   #13
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally posted by HIREN on November 18th, 2003 at 01:51 AM

only 01-02 models got them standard, us 98-00 owners had to pay for them, it was an option, which is the dumbest thing ive ever heard

floor mats should be standard in any car!!
That I did not know. Well that answers why the floor in my car is so dirty, the car never had them . The last owner could afford a 25K car but skimps on the floor mats, what a retard (no offence to anyone) .

And your right, all cars should come with them . Honda did a sneaky but effective thing with the floor mats in all of the 7th gen's. They give you regular low quality mats standard and make the high quality ones with the Accord name embroidered on them an option. Most of the owners could care less for having the high quality ones, just as long as the car comes with some sort of mats. So its a win/win situation for everyone .

Quote:
Originally posted by twopu on November 18th, 2003 at 10:03 AM

Hparts said that the sedan all-season mats would not fit the '00 coupe. Is this true?
Yes

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2003, 05:30 AM   #14

I have a set of Walmart all season weather mats and they are great. I bought all seasons front/rear for less than $20 bucks six-months ago, since i don't ever use the OEM mats.

The ones from walmart don't look half bad at all, easy to clean, and fit perfectly.
str8bklam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #15
Don't hack your car !

Send a message via MSN to hzemall
Quote:
Originally posted by SatinStealth
You can also check out Monster Mats if you want another option. HTH
Got a website ?
Automotive Electronics, Performance and Fabrication

IASCA World Champion
Contributing Writer for RPM Motoring Monthly
hzemall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #16
Deceptively Quick...

****, my goof, they're actually WeatherTech, but the Monster Mats are the same thing. Here's the direct link:
http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

HTH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in