MA Audio Speakers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2003, 05:43 AM   #1
Car Fanatic

MA Audio Speakers

I have been looking all over for replacement speakers for my 03 Coupe and ran across the MA Audio brand on-line. I was wanting really efficient/sensitive speakers since I was only running stock HU.

Are these speakers any good?! They seem to have good frequency response, power handling, and great sensitivity specs. (db 95+)

Anyone have this brand?

Other suggestions for efficient/sensitive speakers?

Thanks!
sharkyziff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2003, 06:24 AM   #2
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
not bad... not great
MA amps arent that bad either... just nothing exciting about this company... for all that effort in changing speakers in your car... I suggest sticking with brands that everyone else has experience with and enjoy.

If you wanna modify your door a little I can suggest speakers that will fit and sound damn good.... otherwise you'll be at the mercy of dinky little speakers with dinky cone movement and dinky spiders that are dinky in producing any kind of range...

Lemme know your budget, and lemme know if your capable of taking apart your doors....
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:56 AM   #3
Car Fanatic

I was thinking around $400 max to replace my stock 6X9s and stock 6.5s. Of course cheaper is better if there is little to no difference in sound quality, bet yes I am definitelty interested in [email protected]# good sound quality.

Yes, I can take apart my doors and I expected I would have to modify a little to get any decent sized 6.5s to fit.

I look forward to your suggestions!!

Thanks L_fty!! You rock!

Old November 3rd, 2003, 09:34 PM   #4
tastes like donkeyballs

$400... let's keep things simple... there are nice coaxials that will fit within your stock basket.. and some 6x9s for the rear. You'll get mediocre sound and cranking your stock stereo you'll get distortion at the upper range.

If you can handle component speaker system up front (midwoofer in the doors.. tweeter in the upper dash.. crossovers hidden under seat, in door, etc).. I'd go this route... And some decent 6x9s in the back... I love the alpine type Rs as 6x9s... very good midbass with a nice silk tweet. Look on eBay for low prices on these... somewhere around $100.

Component speakers... I wont burden youwith DIY... and stick to easy to swallow pre-packaged component speaker sets... hmm looking at eBay I see some interesting sets that all can sound good with stock power and really shine with an external amplifier for later.

Go on eBay right now and search on CDT Audio. Skip the CL series... and go for the HD series... win that if you can... highly highly recommended set. Have your doors sealed and dampened.. and this set will rival many more expensive sets..

Grab those HD cdt audios and you'll thank me later when you have them installed...

Old November 3rd, 2003, 09:41 PM   #5
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
diamond audio!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 05:30 AM   #6
Car Fanatic

OK... I will look for some CDT Audio HD62CFs for the front and for the back??? Another set of CDTs HD62CFs with an adapter plate to change from 6x9 to 6.5 comp or do you recommend some good 6x9s ?

I know you previously mentioned ALpine Type R's...

So, another 6.5 component set in the back or a set of 6x9's??

Thanks!
Old November 4th, 2003, 06:03 AM   #7
Car Fanatic

Also, what do you think of Eclipse products??

I found Eclipse SC 8362 6.5" components for $200 on-line and Eclipse SP 8992 6x9s for $140 on-line plus ship...

CDT Audio HD62CF vs Eclipse SC 8362??

I also found CDT Audio HDCFs for $199 on-line... the CDTs you mention on eBay I think are an even higher model with 1" tweets... very sweet if I can get them for under $200.

Again you rock L_fty!!
Old November 4th, 2003, 06:17 AM   #8
tastes like donkeyballs

Eclipse speakers vs CDT audio speakers... no contest man.. dynamics are totally different. CDT audio all the way... how can you go wrong with drivers made by Vifa.

Keep the components up front and pick up some 6x9s that you can afford. Type Rs are nice, Infinity references would be good, Kenwood eXcelon work well. I recommend those type Rs... smooth tweets for a 6x9s.. while most others use cones or hard-domes... they are deep so a spacer will be needed... but if your handy with MDF and wood cutting tools.. that should be cake. Good luck.. and soon you'll want an external amp down the road on those CDTs to really make them sing.
Old November 5th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Amputater
L_fty, do you think the CDT component will sound fine just using the power from my Kenwood HU?

Kenwood KDC-MP922

Thanks
Amputater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #10
tastes like donkeyballs

Bro ANY indash HeadUnit will make speakers sound better than stock... but not one indash HU can take the place of the power output and relevant increase in sound output from a dedicated external amplifier. So all these indash HUs that tout 50watts, 60watts, 70watts x4.. need to start labeling the TRUE rms ratings on their faces.. but they wont because the bean counters and the marketing dlck heads need to make these things sell and they know the average consumer doesnt do alot of research and does buy on impulse... so it's a win win situation with falsely printing peak power on HU faceplates. done venting LOL

Now back to your question... the CDTs are effecient speakers.. so if for now you have the kenwood HU... they will sound just fine and maybe even impress you with their midbass from the watts being pumped out... but later when you step up to a nice amp with power to give.. you'll come running back misty eyed with the new sound quality you have...

hope that helped...
Old November 5th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Amputater
lol, very nice. damn I have to say, you seem to be the man around here (the audio section) Also, thanks alot for your info, I really appreciate it. Amputater
Amputater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #12
Car Fanatic

L_fty,

After much looking, I think I am going to go for the CDT Audio HD62 6.5" comps in the front doors and CDT AUdio CL69x 6X9's in the rear deck. Wish me luck!!

Thanks again L_fty!!

ps I will take some pics of the install too once complete... L8R!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in