I hate to ask. Tail Lights. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:52 PM   #1
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
I hate to ask. Tail Lights.

I really hate to ask this. I've put on my flame suit and am awaiting a bashing. Please forgive me because I've have a great bottle of Q merlot and my judgement may be off.

Ok with that being said I've seen these a few times on ebay, but I've never seen them on a car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440737282 I think they would look decent on my car. What does everyone else think. I'm going with the black theme. I have blacked emblems, black headlights, I just sent my window trim to a shop to be painted, so I'm looking for the ass end. I REAAAAALLLLYYY dislike the TYC lights, the pekcers stick out way to far on them, so those are out. I thought of tinting my lights, but it just doesn't do it for me.

So I ask again, what do you all think of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440737282 ?

or maybe these??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440450983

****edit here's pics so you don't have to follow links***

first ones

second ones

Now I know they are altezzas, but I think either set would look sharp on a black car. Maybe I've had to much to drink, but my finger is hovering over the mouse for the second set.

Last edited by illusion; November 3rd, 2003 at 11:59 PM..
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:03 AM   #2
v6p gangster

the second ones are tizight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SHIFT_future
FEEL THE SKYLINE | DRIVE JAPAN 日本
PFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:04 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to azn010 Send a message via AIM to azn010
ehhHhhhHhhhHhhhhHHh :\

jus smoke yours
azn010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #4
___

please man, your car is too clean for those lights

I agree with eric, if you HAVE to do something, smoke your's
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #5
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
yea i agree, smoke out ur taillights. If u do it nicely, w/a clearcoat. They'll look hott.

Or you can go and be like bbc84 and make ur car look like a mustang w/black pastic covers hehe.
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:12 AM   #6
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Yeah smoke out your taillights

But if you insist on getting one of those two go for the second one at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:20 AM   #7
paper chase'n.

... all i gotta say is...
smoke them.
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:37 AM   #8
SILVIA

Send a message via AIM to EuStOn Send a message via MSN to EuStOn Send a message via Yahoo to EuStOn
I'm selling my TYC's for $40, was only used for couple weeks
EuStOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:46 AM   #9
Just a peter.

Send a message via ICQ to illusion
Re: I hate to ask. Tail Lights.

Quote:
Originally posted by illusion on November 4th, 2003 at 06:52 AM
I REAAAAALLLLYYY dislike the TYC lights, the peckers stick out way to far on them, so those are out. [/B]
I think I'll try smoking them. I'm just worried about ruining them. One point I've made on my car is I have every single part to take it back to stock, and I only have spare corners for the tail lights(I have the oem headlights, engine covers, battery, exhaust, springs, shocks, yada yada, EVERYTHING)

Are there any spray on smoking products that you can "peel" off if you fork them up? I could tint the inner pieces no problem with some film tint and a heat gun, but the corners would be pretty tough to tint with film with so I'm stuck with trying to use the spray stuff, I just don't want to mess up. I take pride in my clean little sleeper, but I hate the tail lights, they stick out like a sore thumb. I've even thought of ricing out my wheels and having them powder coated black to go with my exterior theme.

Aside from that, thanks for showing me the error in my ways and leading me from the dark side of the rice. I'm going to try playing with it this weekend, and see what I can come up with.
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 12:55 AM   #10
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

If ur worried about that. Maybe ur best bet is to get another set of OEM taillights off ebay or someone on this site. And keeping ur OEM ones safe.
Old November 4th, 2003, 05:31 AM   #11
Senior Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazin036
illusion i would keep what u got they look good but if you really wannna change it i would open up your factory tails and paint the chrome part black it would be black oem back houseing with out smoking them it might acutaly look good let me know what u think
Blazin036 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #12
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Thas a good idea, i've always wanted to try it. But i duno if it'd be safe, cuz there'd be nothing for the lights to reflect on. Unless you can get LED bulbs maybe...
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #13
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
check out my tails, I got the gen 3 Carbon Fiber tails and like them alot

SPONSORS:
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #14
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
i like the second set too but where is the turn signal?
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #15
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
the turn signal is in the bigger of the three red circles and it lights up either the top or bottom have of the circle when blinking depending on what hole you screw it into

SPONSORS:
-
-
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 10:01 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to azn010 Send a message via AIM to azn010
Re: Re: I hate to ask. Tail Lights.

Quote:
Originally posted by illusion on November 3rd, 2003 at 11:46 PM

I think I'll try smoking them. I'm just worried about ruining them. One point I've made on my car is I have every single part to take it back to stock, and I only have spare corners for the tail lights(I have the oem headlights, engine covers, battery, exhaust, springs, shocks, yada yada, EVERYTHING)

Are there any spray on smoking products that you can "peel" off if you fork them up? I could tint the inner pieces no problem with some film tint and a heat gun, but the corners would be pretty tough to tint with film with so I'm stuck with trying to use the spray stuff, I just don't want to mess up. I take pride in my clean little sleeper, but I hate the tail lights, they stick out like a sore thumb. I've even thought of ricing out my wheels and having them powder coated black to go with my exterior theme.

Aside from that, thanks for showing me the error in my ways and leading me from the dark side of the rice. I'm going to try playing with it this weekend, and see what I can come up with.
i know some people make smoked vinyl strips or something..i havent looked around for the though..so if you find any..let me know too ahha i wana order some..

azn010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2003, 10:05 PM   #17
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
those look ugly, i rather do them all red
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:00 AM   #18

I like the first one

2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:12 AM   #19
jinsoku.com

Send a message via AIM to vTecaznracer
i say smoke them out like everyone else...but if you really want an opinion on those two...i choose the 2nd one...
vTecaznracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #20
bryan <3's bomex

first one!
photos:

myspace:

hincity:
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in