Lambo Door Kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:38 AM   #1
v6p gangster

Lambo Door Kit

ok heres the whole thing ( been at work btw 10 hrs )...
The kit will cost about 1300 at most...from ebay
it made by decah....you can either purchase the 95-97 with minor drilling or you can purchase the 95-97 predrilled for a 98-02 accord for $600.00 more from www.carexcess.com. i purchased the 95-97 because i am broke

The mod is easy yet expensive...anyone can do it I'm only 18 and just by looking at what you have to do is just common sense...so here it is

i didnt take pic during the install...( i got lazy)

The kit is a direct bolt on for the 95-97 accord... with a few modifications you can make a direct fit to a 98-02 accord..i mean FEW... all you would have to do make 6 holes bigger using a larger drill bit... it really not that hard... when bolted up to the car it looks like this...
the bolt on the very bottom of the hinge was enlarged in order to fit directly to factory holes.....now with that said, once everything is bolted on the door comes out about 9-11 inches out and then lifts up...(you have to do the lifting)...if you bolt on the kit the door will sag and act like it wont fit but no worrys cause there is a special screw called "the sagging screw" all you would have to do is hold the door up against the frame of the car and tighten that screw... now when tightened your door should close like a stock door... with out any problems...

* you need to go to home improvement or a hardware store and get more washers (6) and bolts (6)
DIY...
1. remove fenders...( 5 screws)
2. unwire your wiring that connects to the door you will have to remove the door off for the next step/
3.remove stock door hinges off of door and off of the car, you must have someone hold the door while doing this step otherwise it will fall and you know the rest...
4. take the decah door hinge and make the bottom holes bigger (2) and the other (4) larger ( the one that bolts to the door)... if you miss this step it will fit but you will have that gap that you dont want....make sure they are oval not full circles
5. During this step put the decah hinge up against the chasis (its heavy btw) and make sure everything aligns rights if so put black washer against the car.. and follow it buy a silver washer w/teeth to the kit and then the bolt....there is 4 bolts that bolt to the car...
6. here is the tricky part... have a friend hold the door up against the car and lock it in... while they are holding push the kit all the way to the outer part of the door ( this is when then the bigger holes come in while the hinge is on the door (driver door ) bold all the bolts to the far left of the oval holes.... if you dont your door WILL stick out.... so dont miss this step...
7. when all bolted up... test the door up and down using your muscles...and make sure its ok and nothing is loose....
8. Time to put in the gas shock... screw the shock into the thread... and lift the door as high as you can...(dont worry you wont break anything) and fit the shock into place....now let go and the door should stay in place in the air....
9.put the pin provided to on the bottom of the shock to lock the shock in place...
10..now while the door is down mess with the sagging screw (you'll know what i'm talking about when i say sagging, your door will sag below the frame cause of weight so they made it adjustable for anydoor)...play with it till it gets perfect you'll need a allen screw tooo ( it the black screw)
11. and there it is your doors open like PFizzles lol more like a lambo....

i hope the DIY helped if now PM IM call me email me fax me what ever just ask and i will be more than happy to help the family ( AV6 fam )

*edit here are some more pics i found

[IMG]
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...22_40_full.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...22_42_full.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...22_41_full.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...22_43_full.jpg[/IMG]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SHIFT_future
FEEL THE SKYLINE | DRIVE JAPAN 日本

Last edited by PFizzle; January 4th, 2004 at 09:52 AM..
PFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 7th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #2
DJ2000

Thanks!!!

Is it difficult to get in and out of the car. what i mean does the door get in the way and you have to squeeze in sideways to get in? Can you get in and out with out lifting the door? if you can answer thoes questions it would be cool.
Thanks

Last edited by AxisAccord; November 7th, 2003 at 10:07 AM..
AxisAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to driven
thankyou!!!!
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 7th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #4
v6p gangster

if the door isnt up then you cant get in umm well you can squeeze i'm big so it wont happen for me....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SHIFT_future
Old November 7th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #5
say hello to angels..

sticky this?
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #6
___

stickied
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #7
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
i'm kinda tall, so i don't think it'll b easy for me to get out

but thanks for the great DIY
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #8
Chicago Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Bbc84 Send a message via AIM to Bbc84
How bout some pics from the side, so we can see how hard it is to get into the car when the doors are up.

Do they swing out just a little?
Bbc84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #9
Has a Large Member

Re: Lambo Door Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by PFizzle

4. take the decah door hinge and make the bottom holes bigger (2) and the other (4) larger ( the one that bolts to the door)... if you miss this step it will fit but you will have that gap that you dont want....make sure they are oval not full circles

what do you mean by make the bottom holes bigger and the other 4 larger? i'm confused.

Quote:

6. here is the tricky part... have a friend hold the door up against the car and lock it in... while they are holding push the kit all the way to the outer part of the door ( this is when then the bigger holes come in while the hinge is on the door (driver door ) bold all the bolts to the far left of the oval holes.... if you dont your door WILL stick out.... so dont miss this step...

i'm confused with this step too. could you elaborate since you didn't take pics?
Old November 7th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #10
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I wouldn't say this is a DIY but thatís me .

The Accord looks very nice with this kit. I wouldn't do this to my car because I would hit my head on the door every time .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:48 PM   #11
newb car enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kkoch
ya.. pics from the rear would be nice.. we could see how far out it opens..

thank you
kkoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:23 PM   #12
v6p gangster

sorry

i'll find try to do a video with me entering it and exiting it
it would kinda suck if your tryin to run away from cops lol

SHIFT_future
Old November 9th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Project MaxRpm
you should go to the site that makes it i belive that have videos form onther cars with this kit they have difftent angels.

Project MaxRpm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #14
in the Motorcity baby!!!

Send a message via ICQ to mlrtimev6 Send a message via AIM to mlrtimev6 Send a message via MSN to mlrtimev6 Send a message via Yahoo to mlrtimev6
all about pfizzle's sticky damn i was hoping this would be my first sticky, here are some more detailed pics explaining the reasons for "making the holes bigger" any ques hit me up. (i will be shrinking these images later today just thought i'd get them up for now) This is a supplemental to pfizzle but I'm going to get a very detailed on it soon since i just got a webserver.

First prep your car by running into any large tree so you'll have to remove your quarter panel as shown, maples or oaks any tree will do.
Here we have the heavy duty hinge... ooooo

Next is what you will see when you remove your panel, notice the wiring harness

Unplug the harness from the panel inside the vehicle to have more room to work with. You DO NOT have to extend the wires as some VDC manufacturers are unsure about. You WILL however need to pull the rubber boot from the frame to give you a little more flexibility, I reinforced mine with another wire loom and a grommet to cover the sharp edges.

Mouting is extremely straight forward, get a friend to help hold the door against the car once all the hinges are removed and DO NOT forget to remove the door strap (steel bar that stops door from swinging open) unbolt it from the frame and remove it thru the inside of the door. Some "prototype" fitment issues we had with the verticaldoors.com kit is that the unit was about a 1/4" too short making either the bottom 3 holes 1/4" too high or the top 4 1/4" too short. These pictures are of the bottom.

We resolved these issues by modifying the top of the hinge since there was more metal to work with there and less of a rotational force on this side. I'll stay out of details since most won't need to modify but if you do just ask.

Next up is the mounted hing... oooo aaaa eeeeeeee

And then the raised version

And then the doubting body man get's proved wrong

And I sneak in pics of my new cf hood

Last edited by mlrtimev6; November 13th, 2003 at 09:31 AM..
mlrtimev6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2003, 04:34 PM   #15
Has a Large Member

this doesn't look to secure....you don't think if you go over some bumpy roads and over an extended period of time that this will cause any problems?
Old November 12th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to driven
for somereason my IE is blocking those pictures from coming in.. does anyone else have this problem? -Jai
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #17
in the Motorcity baby!!!

Send a message via ICQ to mlrtimev6 Send a message via AIM to mlrtimev6 Send a message via MSN to mlrtimev6 Send a message via Yahoo to mlrtimev6
no my server was off sorry
Old November 13th, 2003, 01:58 AM   #18
v6p gangster

Is that a decah door kit?????

SHIFT_future
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #19
in the Motorcity baby!!!

verticaldoors.com
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:48 AM   #20
Has a Large Member

Quote:
Is that a decah door kit?????

does your kit look different?
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #21
Has a Large Member

check it
http://verticaldoors.com/v2/shopmerg...ield=catalogid
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #22
v6p gangster

its a vertical door kit from verticaldoors.com i talked to mlrtimev6
and thats what he said...so i have the Decah version and he has the verticaldoors.com version ...but they look the same

SHIFT_future
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:34 AM   #23
in the Motorcity baby!!!

it's just a 3/8" chunk of steel that they cut and weld some pieces onto... only tricky part is the hing, someone could make these for about $100 if they found a place to purchase that hing (i'm already looking into it) maybe hook my Accord brothers up for about 500 bux.
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #24
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
dam....almost makes me want to get a coupe just so I can do this
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #25
in the Motorcity baby!!!

ya i really think it's goign to compliment the long lines of my car once i get it all done
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #26
DJ2000

umm

Quote:
if the door isnt up then you cant get in umm well you can squeeze i'm big so it wont happen for me....
I also ment if it the door is up is it ockward to get in and out of?
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #27
v6p gangster

you have to turn to the side to get out...i find it uncofortable sometimes....i personally think its only a show mod...but if you want for everyday use you have to get used to getting in and out...
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #28
DJ2000

Quote:
you have to turn to the side to get out...i find it uncofortable sometimes....i personally think its only a show mod...but if you want for everyday use you have to get used to getting in and out...

Thats what i figured...Thanks
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:12 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to alteregopo
post a video that u entering and existing!!!

http://www.climaxxparty.com
alteregopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #30
v6p gangster

ok i been getting a lot of pm's from people about the door kit...heres the thread....

SHIFT_future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in