Accord V6 Forum banner

blind spot mirrors

916 views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  lowincash 
#1 ·
who got those small lil' circle mirrors stuck on their side mirrors? did you guys put one on each side?

#2 · (Edited)
You can cure you blind spot woes by readjusting your mirrors properly......We are all used to adjusting our side mirrors the way our fathers taught us, by moving them out to where we just see the rear corner of each side of the car but, guess what, the rear corner of the car never moves..it stays in the same spot, you know where it is, so why adjust the mirror to look at it?

Try this instead....Start with the drivers side mirror. lean your body/head to the leaft till your head just touches the window and then adjust the mirror till you see the rear corner of the car. Lean about the same distance to the right for the passenger mirror and adjust it the same way. Now as you drive you will notice that cars behind you will pass almost seamlessly from one mirror to another as they change lanes behind you. For instance if you were in the middle lane of a three lane highway and there is a car in the right lane who is changing from the right lane all the way to the far left lane, you will see him in the passenger side mirror, as he changes lanes he will start appear in the rear view mirror as he disappears from the passenger mirror, then start appear in the drivers side mirror as he is leaving the rear view mirror.

Driveing like this WILL take some getting used to as it is different from what you were taught years ago. But this adjustment methed WILL eliminate the blinds spots you are used to having. And of course you will have to adjust your mirrors out or in a little from what is described above to make it work right cause not every one is the same, nor is every car. Try it out and let me know how you like it

#4 ·
roosplash said:
You can cure you blind spot woes by readjusting your mirrors properly......We are all used to adjusting our side mirrors the way our fathers taught us, by moving them out to where we just see the rear corner of each side of the car but, guess what, the rear corner of the car never moves..it stays in the same spot, you know where it is, so why adjust the mirror to look at it?

Try this instead....Start with the drivers side mirror. lean your body/head to the leaft till your head just touches the window and then adjust the mirror till you see the rear corner of the car. Lean about the same distance to the right for the passenger mirror and adjust it the same way. Now as you drive you will notice that cars behind you will pass almost seamlessly from one mirror to another as they change lanes behind you. For instance if you were in the middle lane of a three lane highway and there is a car in the right lane who is changing from the right lane all the way to the far left lane, you will see him in the passenger side mirror, as he changes lanes he will start appear in the rear view mirror as he disappears from the passenger mirror, then start appear in the drivers side mirror as he is leaving the rear view mirror.

Driveing like this WILL take some getting used to as it is different from what you were taught years ago. But this adjustment methed WILL eliminate the blinds spots you are used to having. And of course you will have to adjust your mirrors out or in a little from what is described above to make it work right cause not every one is the same, nor is every car. Try it out and let me know how you like it

that's what I do. They taught us this after I took the Driver Improvement course. And yea, it really helps, but it takes some use getting into

#5 ·

ok i just did it and so far it's pretty good. feels weird tho but i'll get used to it. thanks :up:

lol i was about to get those lil mirrors but yeah they don't look good on the mirrors haha

#6 ·
Since we are talking about sideview mirror, Is there a "night position" for them to reduce glare? hehe.. Took me 5 years before someone told me about the rear view mirror and how to position them at night.

I really hate people who don't know when to use highbeam and when not to use highbeam. oh well...

#7 ·
i never heard of the "night position" before. when dumba$$es behind me had their highs on or high trucks i just move my head away from the glare lol.

i want to know more of the "night position" too :)

also i want to get those blue tinted mirrors for the sides like the ones bmw has or some volkswagon. anyone know how to do that?

#8 ·
the side mirrors dont have anything to reduce glare, only the rearview. i never use that anyway, cuz i have tinted windows, but it does suck on cars that dont have tint.

and yeah, when i see those little mirrors on cars, i make fun of them. only pick ass dually pickups, excursions, and people towing trailers need mirrors like that.

besides, you shouldnt rely on your mirrors 100%, blind spot or not. you should always know where people are around you at all times, to your sides, rear, rear side. just in case you need to make a quick manuever, you cant glance in your mirror and decide where to go. always know whats around you.

#9 ·
Heh.. well.. when someone is highbeaming from the rear.. and not flashing..

I set the rearview mirror aim directly back at them. So they know they have their high beams on. Amazing how quickly the change lanes or turn off thir highbeams.

#10 ·
lowincash said:
ok i just did it and so far it's pretty good. feels weird tho but i'll get used to it. thanks :up:

Your welcome. it will feel weird untill you get used to it. Another adjustment tip....I adjust my side mirrors as I described above but, I adjust them so I still see the yellow line in the bottom right corner (closest to the door) of the drivers mirror and the white line in the bottom left corner (again, closest to the door) of the passenger mirror. Doing this also helps when backing into a parking spot cause you can see the parking lines on either side of you and you wont have to wonder if you are "between the lines"

#11 ·
wildpikachu said:
Heh.. well.. when someone is highbeaming from the rear.. and not flashing..

I set the rearview mirror aim directly back at them. So they know they have their high beams on. Amazing how quickly the change lanes or turn off thir highbeams.

haha.. i do the same thing!!

#12 ·
ok i've been driving around a bit today and i kinda gotten used the mirror's position. it's still weird because i'm still used to being able to see the rear of my car but this definitely help a lot w/ the blind spots. this is way better than having those lil mirrors :laugh:

#21 ·
Heres the funny thing... You guys will try this method, so far those who have tried it, like it, and I cant convince my wife to do it. all she says is "I cant see the back of the truck (Pathfinder)"
:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.