blind spot mirrors - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #1
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
blind spot mirrors

who got those small lil' circle mirrors stuck on their side mirrors? did you guys put one on each side?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to roosplash
You can cure you blind spot woes by readjusting your mirrors properly......We are all used to adjusting our side mirrors the way our fathers taught us, by moving them out to where we just see the rear corner of each side of the car but, guess what, the rear corner of the car never moves..it stays in the same spot, you know where it is, so why adjust the mirror to look at it?

Try this instead....Start with the drivers side mirror. lean your body/head to the leaft till your head just touches the window and then adjust the mirror till you see the rear corner of the car. Lean about the same distance to the right for the passenger mirror and adjust it the same way. Now as you drive you will notice that cars behind you will pass almost seamlessly from one mirror to another as they change lanes behind you. For instance if you were in the middle lane of a three lane highway and there is a car in the right lane who is changing from the right lane all the way to the far left lane, you will see him in the passenger side mirror, as he changes lanes he will start appear in the rear view mirror as he disappears from the passenger mirror, then start appear in the drivers side mirror as he is leaving the rear view mirror.

Driveing like this WILL take some getting used to as it is different from what you were taught years ago. But this adjustment methed WILL eliminate the blinds spots you are used to having. And of course you will have to adjust your mirrors out or in a little from what is described above to make it work right cause not every one is the same, nor is every car. Try it out and let me know how you like it

Last edited by roosplash; November 9th, 2003 at 10:24 AM..
roosplash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:11 AM   #3
MAXIM

Send a message via AIM to <<<< Send a message via Yahoo to <<<<
Re: blind spot mirrors

Quote:
Originally posted by lowincash
who got those small lil' circle mirrors stuck on their side mirrors? did you guys put one on each side?
Those stick-ons are not very atractive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<<< is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 13th, 2003, 09:47 AM   #4
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Quote:
Originally posted by roosplash
You can cure you blind spot woes by readjusting your mirrors properly......We are all used to adjusting our side mirrors the way our fathers taught us, by moving them out to where we just see the rear corner of each side of the car but, guess what, the rear corner of the car never moves..it stays in the same spot, you know where it is, so why adjust the mirror to look at it?

Try this instead....Start with the drivers side mirror. lean your body/head to the leaft till your head just touches the window and then adjust the mirror till you see the rear corner of the car. Lean about the same distance to the right for the passenger mirror and adjust it the same way. Now as you drive you will notice that cars behind you will pass almost seamlessly from one mirror to another as they change lanes behind you. For instance if you were in the middle lane of a three lane highway and there is a car in the right lane who is changing from the right lane all the way to the far left lane, you will see him in the passenger side mirror, as he changes lanes he will start appear in the rear view mirror as he disappears from the passenger mirror, then start appear in the drivers side mirror as he is leaving the rear view mirror.

Driveing like this WILL take some getting used to as it is different from what you were taught years ago. But this adjustment methed WILL eliminate the blinds spots you are used to having. And of course you will have to adjust your mirrors out or in a little from what is described above to make it work right cause not every one is the same, nor is every car. Try it out and let me know how you like it

that's what I do. They taught us this after I took the Driver Improvement course. And yea, it really helps, but it takes some use getting into
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #5
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Quote:
Originally posted by roosplash on November 9th, 2003 at 09:22 AM

ok i just did it and so far it's pretty good. feels weird tho but i'll get used to it. thanks

lol i was about to get those lil mirrors but yeah they don't look good on the mirrors haha

Old November 13th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #6
User #4002

Send a message via ICQ to wildpikachu Send a message via AIM to wildpikachu Send a message via MSN to wildpikachu Send a message via Yahoo to wildpikachu
Since we are talking about sideview mirror, Is there a "night position" for them to reduce glare? hehe.. Took me 5 years before someone told me about the rear view mirror and how to position them at night.

I really hate people who don't know when to use highbeam and when not to use highbeam. oh well...
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #7
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

i never heard of the "night position" before. when dumba$$es behind me had their highs on or high trucks i just move my head away from the glare lol.

i want to know more of the "night position" too

also i want to get those blue tinted mirrors for the sides like the ones bmw has or some volkswagon. anyone know how to do that?
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #8
I love you Cat...forever

Send a message via AIM to KCMC582
the side mirrors dont have anything to reduce glare, only the rearview. i never use that anyway, cuz i have tinted windows, but it does suck on cars that dont have tint.

and yeah, when i see those little mirrors on cars, i make fun of them. only pick ass dually pickups, excursions, and people towing trailers need mirrors like that.

besides, you shouldnt rely on your mirrors 100%, blind spot or not. you should always know where people are around you at all times, to your sides, rear, rear side. just in case you need to make a quick manuever, you cant glance in your mirror and decide where to go. always know whats around you.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #9
User #4002

Send a message via ICQ to wildpikachu Send a message via AIM to wildpikachu Send a message via MSN to wildpikachu Send a message via Yahoo to wildpikachu
Heh.. well.. when someone is highbeaming from the rear.. and not flashing..

I set the rearview mirror aim directly back at them. So they know they have their high beams on. Amazing how quickly the change lanes or turn off thir highbeams.
Old November 13th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by lowincash
ok i just did it and so far it's pretty good. feels weird tho but i'll get used to it. thanks

Your welcome. it will feel weird untill you get used to it. Another adjustment tip....I adjust my side mirrors as I described above but, I adjust them so I still see the yellow line in the bottom right corner (closest to the door) of the drivers mirror and the white line in the bottom left corner (again, closest to the door) of the passenger mirror. Doing this also helps when backing into a parking spot cause you can see the parking lines on either side of you and you wont have to wonder if you are "between the lines"
Old November 13th, 2003, 05:05 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to formatsee
Quote:
Originally posted by wildpikachu
Heh.. well.. when someone is highbeaming from the rear.. and not flashing..

I set the rearview mirror aim directly back at them. So they know they have their high beams on. Amazing how quickly the change lanes or turn off thir highbeams.

haha.. i do the same thing!!
Old November 14th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #12
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

ok i've been driving around a bit today and i kinda gotten used the mirror's position. it's still weird because i'm still used to being able to see the rear of my car but this definitely help a lot w/ the blind spots. this is way better than having those lil mirrors
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #13

Glad you like...spread the good word
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #14
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

i just did it to my dad's explorer
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:34 PM   #15
V6P Lover

Send a message via AIM to v62kaccord
when they have their high beams on, i just frekken brake to a slow speed then they figure out wuts wrong!! i once slowed down to 35 on the far left lane on da fwy, rofl. i hate it when people have their high beams and pretend their idiots to not know it.
v62kaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:37 PM   #16
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

i see a lot of civic's w/ their highs on...and since they use the same bulb it just look normal but from far away it's a big blob of light.
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:37 PM   #17
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I might try this to see if it helps me . Thanks for the tip roosplash .

Quote:
Originally posted by lowincash on November 15th, 2003 at 12:33 AM

i just did it to my dad's explorer
You better tell him

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:42 PM   #18
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Quote:
Originally posted by PlumAccordCoupe on November 14th, 2003 at 09:37 PM

You better tell him
lol i did it w/ him in the car of course...he'll just have to get use to it like i did

Old November 14th, 2003, 10:43 PM   #19
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
interesting, im gonna have to try this.
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #20
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

yes you should...i see my blind spot better now.

spread the words people!!!

again, thanks roosplash
Old November 15th, 2003, 06:56 AM   #21

Heres the funny thing... You guys will try this method, so far those who have tried it, like it, and I cant convince my wife to do it. all she says is "I cant see the back of the truck (Pathfinder)"
Old November 15th, 2003, 06:58 AM   #22

Think this thread should be stickied?
Old November 15th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #23
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

i think so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in