JBL 6x9... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:10 AM   #1
rice?..not my car...EH!!!

JBL 6x9...

I just bought these's to put in my 2004 accord 6-speed. What are some oppinions on these? Any good? Or should I exchanche them with rockford fosgate? Thnks.
S.A.M6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2003, 10:17 AM   #2
tastes like donkeyballs

Send a message via AIM to L_fty
which model JBL... and which model rockford fosgate... we're not mind readers young one

I can forsee Alpine, kenwood, Infinity in your future though
Wait for the others to chime in with suggestions and you'll see what I mean...
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:32 AM   #3

I don't know what model they are but they havea tweeter that swivels around in direction you want. $180CND

Old November 11th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #4
tastes like donkeyballs

dude.. you really need to know what you buy.
Well JBL isnt really a company that is known for home audio or car audio presence in sound... they make great PA systems.. LOL
while rockford fosgate.. outsources their speakers from a company I wont mention cuz it's kinda sad.. so if I had to juggle between JBL and rockford.. uh I would choose my original stock system. Save up a little more and go with another brand. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.. but look at it this way.. if the sound coming out of the JBLs makes your ears happy... then by all means dont take our opinions too seriously bro
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:25 AM   #5

Thanks for your help. What is the best sounding 6x9? what sounds good to my ears is erelavent, as one persons good sound is everyone else's(bad sound). Takes experience and knowledge to proporley determine wheather a speaker sound is good or bad.
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:55 AM   #6
tastes like donkeyballs

That is not true... it does not take experience to know what sounds best. It's personal preference... and it is all subjective. I have a friend who basically has a entire Xplod line in his accord coupe... everything from HU,amp,front and rear speakers. He loves it... he thinks it's the best he's heard compared to his stock system. What kind of friend would I be to tell him nuances in the music he's listening dont sound "that great" to my ears. Nope whatever makes him happy and satisfied is fine with me.. I just sit back and enjoy the music from the xplods.

Using your stock deck as the primary source and just speakers... it will only get you so far. Sound deadening is critical to good sound production as well... I could suggest some fancy brands like focal, rainbow... or mainstream brands like infinity, alpine... but in both cases if you want the better sounding music... you'll need an aftermarket HU and aftermarket external amp. And of course I could then preach to you... "well music dynamically speaking isnt complete without a subwoofer..." so now you'll add a sub amp and subwoofer setup as well... so from a simple 4 speaker upgrade which to your ears may sound nice to others they will want you to add an extra $1000 into the system to make it sound nice to their ears. Who do you need to satisfy? Ask yourself that question bro.

LOL now back to your question.. "what is the best 6x9"... nothing is better than stock when being driven with the stock HU... the stock speakers are highly effiecient and can get low with the minimal power given to them... you can of course buy alpine type R, infinity kappa 6x9s... they will give you better/clearer midrange and treble.. but the midbass punch you received from the stock will either be the same or a tad less... and always you'll have to deal with the next issue of rattles from speakers that p[lay frequencies clear enough to start vibrating panels... hence sound deadening... so basically car audio is a epic adventure that you will need to sit down think over, research and budget out.

good luck.
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #7

Thanks again. Well I put the JBL's in...and they do sound better than stock....but now I've been told by another source that JBLs are not that good. That i should go with alpine type r. What your saying is that it's not worth the difference on a stock HU?

One other thing....I have altech-lanzing 3-ways(paid $400CND way back then) in my old car and was wondering if I should switch them with the JBLs? Thanks.
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #8
tastes like donkeyballs

as for now it's all personal speculation. It's trial and error.. I doubt anyone here has heard altec car audio speakers... as they used to cater as OEM for some luxary car brands...
Old November 13th, 2003, 04:50 PM   #9

Well after talking to several people I kind of get the impression that alpine type r/s are better amped or not than my JBL gto 926. So I'm returning the JBL and getting the alpine. Thanks for all the help L fty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in