Lo-tek 3 Pod Full Pillar - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #1
Pronounced en-see

Lo-tek 3 Pod Full Pillar

I was VERY disappointed to hear that Lo-tek stopped production on the 3-pod pillar four the coupes. I email them to ask them why, and her is there response:

Quote:
In 6 months we got 9 orders. If you can get together 30 people to pre-pay for the project we can start it back up. See
http://gaugepods.com/custom.html for the project information. Price is $44.99 plus $7.99 color match and $5.99 shipping in US. Total $58.97

Regards,

Lo-tek, Inc.
I know we had 20 people who were interested in this last time, but only 9 people paid.

I for one would love to have this product! We need 29 other people that are serious as well to get this product made!

Put your name on this list if you are SERIOUSLY willing to buy this. If we get near the 30 person mark, I will go ahead and prepay for it, and I would hope that everyone on the list will do the same.

1. Entcee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Entcee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2003, 12:19 PM   #2
The MASTER of RED ACCORDS

I was one of the SERIOUS people who wanted to do this. In fact I had paid for it & all. I do want one of them but I don't want to wait for 6 months. I want to have it installed before next summer for shows & all.

Put me doen for it. If somthing changes, I'll let U know.

2000 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
Color: Red
Image Short Ram Intake
OBX Heat Shield for my Short Ram Intake
OBX Headers
Tanabe Hyper Medallion dual exhaust
DENSO Iridium IK16 plugs
B&M Super cooler Transmission cooler
Tein Coil Over Suspension system
Suspension Techniques Sway bars (F&R)
Neuspeed Strut bar (Front)
OBX Type-R Lower Bottom Brace (Rear)
JT AutoStyle Jt EVO 2 Front & Rear Bumper, and Side-Skirts.
JT Front Bumper Lips
Mesh Grills, Front & Back
Wings West 3 Piece Spoiler
TYC Modena Style Taillights
43% /22% window tint
17x7 TSW VX1ís Nitto 450's
Blue silicon hoses, Blue wire covers
Weapon R chrome overflow tank, blue top
Black and clear head light covers
Red Neon lights inside, 16 of them.
Red Neon lights outside, 4 under the car
Red/Blue lights on the hood/w Blue turn signals
Red lights inside (dome, door lights, map lights)
Carbon Fiber dash kit.
Carbon Fiber bezel
White Gauges w/2 red neon lights
Hella Horns

1SweetV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #3
Pronounced en-see

Yeah, I would say lets wait to pay. Lets see how big we can get the list first.

1. Entcee
2. 1SweetV6

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 13th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #4
8th World Wonder

Not worth it fellas.

This company has offered to do it for some time now (1 year plus) and people had sent money, and done alot of work with them to try and get this to work. They have done nothing, and I seriously doubt they will after 30 people have signed up.
GotVtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #5
The MASTER of RED ACCORDS

I thought some one got this from some place else. Any one have it that might be able to tell us??
1SweetV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #6
Pronounced en-see

To be honest, I would not have done it with only 9 people seriously interested either. The only thing we can do is to get 30 people to prepay, and see if they will keep their word. You can flame them all you want, but we have to see if they will keep their word first.

They may have been working on it for 1 year +, but there has alwayse been a string attached (Like 30 prepayed orders.) and WE have not met that, so it is on US.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 13th, 2003, 12:42 PM   #7
Pronounced en-see

There are others out there, but from what I understand, they do not fit right.

Read this thread:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...&highlight=pod

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 13th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #8
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Send a message via AIM to r.j-lo
I just got the next level motoring pod today. The fitment isnt perfect, but its close enough for me. I will post some pics of it when I get it installed and painted (maybe tonight...). It angles the gauges way better than the half pod that I used to have. I saw this Lo-tek, deal going but with all the BS, its worth it to go to ebay and get it in 4 days than have to wait 6 months for a shady company.

r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #9
Pronounced en-see

I am glad to hear that it fits half way decent. Do you thinkk that people would be able to tell that it does not fit perfectly?

I can't wait to see your pics!

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 13th, 2003, 09:13 PM   #10
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

I got it installed and painted. Honestly, someone can tell that it doesnt fit chingon. Up towards the top, its a little off (kinda like the dimensions werent right when it was cut). From outside the car, you wouldnt be able to tell. I will get some pics up tommorrow when I have some light outside. I will do a write up in the product reviews section for everybody.
Old November 13th, 2003, 10:32 PM   #11
SINISTER MEANS GOOD

i'm up for this. i'm one of the ones that paid. as a matter of fact i'm the one that put the lo-tek deal together. i gave up my A-pillar for it and for those that don't know, lo-tek is not a shady co. they did not work on the pod at all because we never met the pre-paid orders. the way it goes is that i gave them the mock up with the pods placed within. then once we get the pre-paid orders they put the pod in line on the calendar. then they make our pods and ship them. once the pre-paid orders are put in it takes about 3 months once the requirements are made. believe it or not but this co. has a lot of projects and thats just the way it goes. not to many people are interested in making stuff for our cars as they are for civics. so this is what we have to put up with. in a brighter note, the pods from lotek will be just like stock. grain finish and all fitment will be the same. another thing is their requirement was 20 orders. i think you should call em back and bring it down from 30 to 20.

peace

sinisteraccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #12
Pronounced en-see

I thought it was 20 before I will see if they will lower it.

r.j-lo: When you do the write up, post a link in this thread, so I will get an email when you do it.

Thanks.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 14th, 2003, 09:12 AM   #13
Pronounced en-see

Here is a quote from Lo-tek whan I asked them to lower the amount of units.:

Quote:
Costs have gone up quite a bit. It now takes 30 units just to make it worth
doing. And, because of a lack of interest on this project, we are not sure
what market there will be after the project is completed.

See what you can do to get close to 30 and let us know.

Regards,

Lo-tek, Inc.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old November 15th, 2003, 10:21 AM   #14
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Here is the link to the review:
Ill go get pics right now

http://www.v6performance.net/reviews...rt=1&thecat=16
Old November 15th, 2003, 10:47 AM   #15
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Here is a pic of it. Notice the elastic edge on the botom and and top.
Attached Thumbnails
Lo-tek 3 Pod Full Pillar-pics.jpg  
Old November 15th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #16
8th World Wonder

You should send that picture to comaony you bought it from and tell them this what their product looks like installed on a Accord coupe... let's see what they say.
GotVtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2003, 02:32 PM   #17
SINISTER MEANS GOOD

damn hell no. thats quite a big gap there and the gauges are low on the pillar but as long as ur happy then kool but u should send the company a pic of how it looks installed. that one is only a 2 gauge pillar though. the one we are getting done is a 3 full pillar. here is a pic of the mock up sent them.

3 gauge full pillar

Old November 15th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #18
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

The gap is about an inch (not cool )

I think I am going to play with it some more and see if I can fix some of that crappage. Ill let you all know what happens.
Old December 21st, 2003, 02:12 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Dracord
I've got a sedan but this method would probably be easiest

This guy bought autometer duel and single gauge pods, put them on his stick a pillar and had someone professionally mold them. He was parting his car so i bought this
Dracord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2003, 11:47 PM   #20
SINISTER MEANS GOOD

now thats nice. but when they mold it they had to make it all smooth didnt they. it doesnt have the grain look to it anymore does it? other than that its a nice fit.

Old December 23rd, 2003, 08:34 AM   #21
Banned

1. Entcee
2. 1SweetV6
3. 98EXL
98EXL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2003, 12:28 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Dracord
Quote:
Originally posted by sinisteraccord
now thats nice. but when they mold it they had to make it all smooth didnt they. it doesnt have the grain look to it anymore does it? other than that its a nice fit.
It kind of had that grainy texture to it, not as much as the stock parts, but it wasn't really noticeable. Whatever there was is gone now, i sanded it down to paint it, along with my other a pillar so they're both kinda smooth now

Dracord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2003, 05:22 PM   #23
8cyls, 2 turbos, 30psi

Quote:
Originally posted by 98EXL
1. Entcee
2. 1SweetV6
3. 98EXL
Whats this for?
Old August 14th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #24
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
i want a 3 pod pillar. someone get me one that fits rite
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:18 PM   #25
4 bangin'

does anyone make a 3 or 2 pod full pillar for the 98 sedans? ive really wanted to get one, but i cant find one anywhere. anyone know where i could get anything that would fit on my pillar if i cant find a full pillar?
Sketch o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in